Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Palm 277 posts 272 karma points
    Sep 02, 2010 @ 15:26
    Christian Palm

Campaign Monitor integration advice

Hi

We need to implement the possibility for Contour form creators (Umbraco editors) to add "Also sign-up for newsletter" fields on their forms.

This is how I think we will do it. And where I could use some feedback.

We will create a new prevalue source type called "Campaign Monitor Prevalue Source".
    When you create a new Prevalue source of this type, the user can select which Mailing List that should be included. Then the editor can create a Checkbox List and use the prevalue source.

We will create a new work flow called "Campaign Monitor Workflow" which should be attached to the form. This workflow will "listen" for any fields which relates to the "Campaign Monitor Prevalue Source" and If it finds a hit it will use the Campaign Monitor API to add the selected mailinglist to the provided email in the form.

Is there a better solution?

The drawback is that the form editor should remember to put the "Campaign Monitor Workflow" in the form otherwise it will not work.

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 02, 2010 @ 16:02

@Christian, sounds like a good way of doing that, but ofcourse your editor first needs to add the field linked to the prevalue source and then attach the workflow.

You could also attach an eventhandler to the Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.RecordService.RecordSubmitted event

The advantage of the workflow is that the editors will be able to map the fields

• Osman Coskun 164 posts 398 karma points
    Nov 21, 2013 @ 17:33
    Osman Coskun

@Christian, I watched your screen cast http://screenr.com/LSn ;
    I need to integrate campaign monitor and contour forms. Would you share the workflow you used in screen cast with me?
    Thanks in advanced. 

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:26
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft