Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peng 41 posts 62 karma points
    Sep 09, 2010 @ 10:02
    Peng

How to map the file upload field with document type?

Hi guys,

Recently I start to play around with Contour to create forms. One form is required to upload image files.

I mapped the form field (file upload type) with document type (media picker) in workflow. Obviously the image cannot be stored into the doc type.

Shall I create some form event to load the image file to media section, then link to the document type? Or is there any way to manage them (eg : set the document type as string instead of media picker)?  

Noticed that the file was here in umbraco:

/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/files/9fa847ae-06b4-4cf8-aaad-719b1894043b/80c4a724-2512-49cb-96d3-dcc0c2e7f546/accommodation-demo2.jpg

By the way, the submit appeared above the images section in the form on IE and disappeared on firefox.

Regards,

Peng

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 09, 2010 @ 11:07

Hi Peng,

You want be able to map that against a media picker, since the media picker stores on id of a media item and the upload fieldtype of contour will contain a path to the uploaded file.

If you wish to add the file to the media section you'll need to write a custom workflow that takes care of that

Regards,
    Tim

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Jun 14, 2014 @ 11:21
    keilo

Hi Tim

I am using 7.1.4 with latest Contour. 3.0.21

I have a document type with a media picker property. In the Contour workflow I have created Save as document, and tried to map the File Upload field to the Media Picker property like you suggested.

When the form is submitted/approved, all the fields are captured in the newly created document, but the media picker does not show/link the File Upload from the contour form submission.

Is there anything I might be missing? 

Would appreciate if you can advise how to achieve that.

thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft