Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• arviman 71 posts 92 karma points
    Sep 10, 2010 @ 00:07
    arviman

Issue with activating license on a dev machine

After installing contour on my 4.5.1 installation successfully using the package repository, I copied the license file to the /bin folder of the site.

I also changed the HOSTS file and the IIS host header so that the local site uses the domain "dev.domain.com" where "domain.com" has been licensed. However, contour still shows up as running on trial mode.

Another issue is that I'm unable to add a new field. After creating a new Form, i tried creating a new field under the default fieldset, but the page automatically reloads and goes back to the form page. A similar thing happens when I try to create a new fieldset; a message pops up asking if i want to navigate away from the current page. I clicked cancel, but now I find that the Type dropdown is empty.

I was under the impression that these features would work on trial mode, so I'm not sure if these two issues are related.

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 10, 2010 @ 08:09

Hi,

Yes they should work in trial mode (the only limitation in trial mode is that the actual value doesn't get stored).

Also did the installation complete succesfully or did you get any error messags?

Regards,
    Tim

• arviman 71 posts 92 karma points
    Sep 10, 2010 @ 18:31
    arviman

Hey Tim,

The installation went well. I ran into some permission settings issue the first time, so i unistalled the package, gave "Users" modify rights over some xml files modified by the package, and it completed successfully the second time around.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft