Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Sep 22, 2010 @ 13:46
    Fergus Davidson

Integrating with Salesforce

i am in the process of updating a clients website and am in the process of moving content into Umbraco.

i have some experience of using Contour on another site and would like to use it on this new site.

The forms on the site currently submit to their salesforce system and they have historically provided the code for the form which obviously includes all the fieldnames. obviously adding forms through contour will name the fields differently.

Is it possible to override the fieldnames automatically created by contour so that i can manage the forms in contour, but the client will have no work to do their end changing fieldnames?

can someone give me any help on tis?

thanks

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 23, 2010 @ 09:47

Hi,

I doubt that just changing the fieldname will be sufficient to integrate with salesforce

If you want to submit contour records to a third party you can do that by ataching a workflow to the form, if salesforce has a webservice available you could do it with the default workflows if you need to use the salesforce api you'll need to create a custom workflow

Regards,
    Tim

Sep 23, 2010 @ 11:11
    Fergus Davidson

actually, for my purposes, changing the field names would be fine.

the client has provided form code generated by salesforce.

if contour will not allow easy changing of the form field names, i will just have to try and include the form code in the page though i have other forms on the page already and will no doubt run into the 'nested forms' issue

regards

fergus

Sep 23, 2010 @ 13:59

Hey Fergus,

What does the form need to do, post to a specifc (salesforce) page?

Sep 23, 2010 @ 14:07
    Fergus Davidson

basically, yes - the form posts to a SalesForce page. this page then processes al the fields and redirects back to a page on the site.

i was hoping to manage the form through Contour along with the other forms on the site which are 'non-salesforce'.

obviously i would have to retain all the SalesForce 'autonamed' fields in order for the forms to work in the same way without any work on the clients' side.

Sep 23, 2010 @ 14:44

In that case you can use the 'Post form to url' workflow that will allow you to post to a url and you will be able to map form fields (giving it the alias that you need)

So first design the form

Then select the workflows node under the form, add a new workflow on the submitted state, select 'Post form to url', enter the url of the page to post to, map the fields

Sep 23, 2010 @ 14:56
    Fergus Davidson

thanks Tim

sorry - i should have looked at that properly first, or phrased my question more fully in the first place. i had seen the post to URL workflow, but had not gone any further and my question should have been 'can i map the fields?'

now that i have the answer i will plough on.

many thanks

fergus

Sep 23, 2010 @ 15:08

No problem, hope the setup works out!

• Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    Oct 25, 2013 @ 09:53
    Ben McKean

@Fergus Could you please point me in the direction of some documentation for integrating into SalesForce? Or anywhere with some code samples?

I'm looking to do it for a project I'm working on.

Thanks

Oct 25, 2013 @ 14:20
    Fergus Davidson

@ben - i am not sure whether there is any specific documentation, but my experience was:

• client can create forms in SalesForce
    • admin form exported as html
    • we replicate form in contour
    • we include the hidden field from the salesforce form:
      • accountID
      • formID
      • etc.
    • the exported form also contains action URL to post to.

in contour, add a workflow 'post form to URL'

As Tim says above:

In that case you can use the 'Post form to url' workflow that will allow you to post to a url and you will be able to map form fields (giving it the alias that you need)

So first design the form

Then select the workflows node under the form, add a new workflow on the submitted state, select 'Post form to url', enter the url of the page to post to, map the fields

• Richard 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 14, 2014 @ 17:47
    Richard

Yep, using 'Post form to URL' as a workflow rule and mapping the Contour fields to Salesforce field IDs works fine - for Salesforce Leads, at any rate.

I'm trying to create a similar process for Salesforce Cases, but it ain't working. The only difference I can see is that IDs for Case fields have an automatically generated alphanumerical string, as opposed to a standard or custom ID for Lead fields.

Example Salesforce field IDs:

• Lead: name (or custom lead: How_did_you_hear_about_us__c)
    • Case: 00ND0000005pSuc
    The Umbraco side operates without a problem, but nothing actually turns up in Salesforce... suspect therefore it's a validation issue at their end. Aargghghhhh.
  • Richard 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 24, 2014 @ 17:42
    Richard

A note to the above as discovered an error on my part... Something to check if having an issue with Web-to-Case:

The Salesforce org ID input name for Web-to-Lead is oid but this changes to orgid for Web-to-Case.

• David Nelson 3 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 24, 2020 @ 12:26
    David Nelson

All,

I am having the same issue. We are using Umbraco CMS and Contour Forms.

I am the Salesforce Administrator with the task to create forms and get the data into Salesforce using the Web-To-Case functionality.

Using the "Send Form to URL" function and have checked that the endpoint URL is correct and that there is a hidden field to pass on the Salesforce OrgID.

Did any of you solve the problems?

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft