Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Doug Clark 30 posts 52 karma points
    Sep 30, 2010 @ 05:42
    Doug Clark

Contour not working on 4.5.2

Installed new umbraco 4.5.2 site. Installed Contour package. Can see tree, but anywhere I click I get "An error occurred while processing your request."

Been looking through the forums, see lots of problems and fixes but I don't know what to apply. I paid for the service would like help to use it.

Thanks!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 30, 2010 @ 08:16
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Is there a more specific error anywhere? Have a look in the umbracoLog table or (probably more useful) your windows event log.

I think this could simply be a problem with your permissions somewhere, are you sure the appriopriate folders have write permissions for your AppPool's user?

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 30, 2010 @ 08:46

Hi Doug,

Contour should work fine on 4.5.2. Did the installation complete succesfully (you should get feedback if something failed)?

Regards,
    Tim

Sep 30, 2010 @ 17:03
    Doug Clark

On install, I have an error saying web.config could not be updated.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\Installer.ascx.cs:line 181

Sep 30, 2010 @ 17:27
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Okay, sounds like your permissions are incorrect. If this is on purpose, you can follow the manual installation guide as well.

Sep 30, 2010 @ 19:09
    Doug Clark

After I changed permissions to the app pool identity and did manual installation guide for contour, now my XSLT files aren't being parsed. Wasn't a problem before.

Sep 30, 2010 @ 19:44
    Doug Clark

I was able to isolate the xslt issue to the changes that were made in /config/xsltExtensions.config. When I remove the code that was shown in the contour install manual, it works fine. Add the code back in and it breaks. Is there something wrong with the code that's shown in the manual? This is the code:<ext assembly="/bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core" type="Umbraco.Forms.Library" alias="umbraco.contour">

Sep 30, 2010 @ 19:46
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Too bad that you ran into this issue! Just remove "/bin/" and you should be fine, this is a change in umbraco 4.5, in 4.0 you would still need to put /bin/ in there. Time for a documentation update! :)

Sep 30, 2010 @ 20:08
    Doug Clark

Thanks for the help Sebastiaan. New problem though. I've been configuring all this on a dev site on another server using a subdomain: dev.mydomain.com. I installed the contour license for my domain on the dev site, remove it from my prod site, and all contour breaks on dev.

• hywelbane 7 posts 27 karma points
    Nov 19, 2010 @ 11:24
    hywelbane

Hello, Doug:

I've installed contour too, and I had the same error message. You should modify your webconfig in order to change custom errors and see what error is yours. In my case, it was a problem related to my contour license. Aparently, the licensed was registrated to another domain, so the error message was "license invalid". The problem was solved just by entering from the correct domain.

I hope it helps,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft