Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• tony 15 posts 35 karma points
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 09:02
    tony

Styling the Contour Form.

Having recently purchased our first licence of Contour, I have my first form set up, which seems to work OK but it has the default look and feel....

We want it to look different, very different.  It needs to be a a form and direct debit form as prescribed by the bank, along the lines of...

I have 2 questions that after two days I cannot work out..

1) Am I going to be able to skin this to look like we require or will I have to try and find another way?

Is there any documentation or advise on changing Contour look and feel?

2) When they "submit" the form I want it to print a copy locally, is this possible?

Any advise welcomed, also and CSS guru who wants to help me skin this form to look like the required form (we actually have 3 slightly different forms) I'ld love to hear from as maybe we can do a little business on this?

Thanks

Tony

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 19, 2010 @ 09:12

Hi Tony,

You should just be able to style it using css.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Oct 20, 2010 @ 15:49
    Tim

You can just style it using CSS, as you would a normal form. You can even hook into the form with JQuery if you want to do any conditional show/hide logic on form fields (having an "other" field show up if "other" is selected in a dropdown for example).

If you want to inject extra blocks of copy into the form, like the text after the * in the example graphic you posted or the huge block of text with the gift aid field, you may have to get clever with a bit of JQuery, or create a custom field type to get it to be formatted how you want.

For the printing thing, are you talking about having it print a copy on the machine of the person who submits the form? If so, you can make the page print with the javascript command window.print(), you could hook that into the button press for the form, or you could redirect to a thankyou page that shows the details of their submission in a printer friendly format and call the command from the onload of the page. You don't have many other options though, as you can't control the printer directly from the user's browser.

• tony 15 posts 35 karma points
    Oct 21, 2010 @ 14:26
    tony

Many thanks Tim,

I will explore these idea's next time.  I bottled out and went for a .Net form (just because I could do it quicker).  

Thanks for the tip on printing.

Note to self: learn Contour in depth

Tony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft