Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yan 36 posts 56 karma points
    Nov 12, 2010 @ 17:00
    Yan

User workflow "Post form to url when Submitted" post recordId

Can I use post form to url contour workflow to post the record Id to the url and how? So I can use guid after the postback to update the state.

• Harald Ulriksen 207 posts 249 karma points
    Nov 13, 2010 @ 13:29
    Harald Ulriksen

You can but I don't think that's the best way to do it.

If you want to update the record state, why not do it from within the workflow?

If that's not possible or you ned the recordId for other purposes I would rather add it to the Context.Items. I've added sample code for this here http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/13425-Problem-retrieving-a-Record-object?p=0#comment53539.

Cheers,
    Harald

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 13, 2010 @ 13:51

@Yan, if you use the latest WIP version it will post the guid to the redirect page http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/1.1.4%20WIP/

• Yan 36 posts 56 karma points
    Nov 15, 2010 @ 18:42
    Yan

Hi Tim, I downloaded the latest WIP. the recordid is in end of the redirect url a query string if I select "Send to page" in form setting. However the mapping feilds seems didn't post to the url to post to page. "Enter the url to post to" and "Send to page" form setting have to be same url? Could you explain how the workflow "Post form to url when Submitted" supose works?

Thanks.

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Aug 04, 2011 @ 18:47
    Simon steed

This is also a problem for me (assuming i'm reading this right). If I use the Post form to url workflow, when my form is submitted, the workflow does not seem to do anything whilst the create document and send to email do work.

At the moment, i'm using the Send to page function on the forms settings page, this does redirect but appends the RecordID and not the fields I have mapped in thw workflow

Is this bug or am I using it incorrectly?

Version 1.1 btw

Si

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft