Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gal Nitzan 50 posts 164 karma points
    Nov 14, 2010 @ 11:17
    Gal Nitzan

Exception Data is Null when submitting a Contour form

I installed Contour (1.1.3) and added the license, everything looks fine.
    I create a contact form from the template without any additions and save it.

I press the preview button and the form is shown.

I fill the fform fields.
    When I press submit I get the following exception:

At /umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/previewFormDialog.aspx?guid=ac0221d2-020a-42c5-956a-ea84a8e932ef&rnd=3 (Referred by: http://lang.meuhedet.co.il/umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/previewFormDialog.aspx?guid=ac0221d2-020a42c5-956a-ea84a8e932ef&rnd=3): System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlNullValueException: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetFieldValue(Int32 index, BooleancheckNull)
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetDateTime(Int32 column)
       at umbraco.DataLayer.RecordsReaderAdapter`1.GetDateTime(String fieldName)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Record.CreateFromDataReader(IRecordsReader reader) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Record.cs:line 105
       at Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.RecordStorage.GetRecord(Object id) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Data\RecordStorage\RecordStorage.cs:line 88
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowService.ExecuteWorkflows(List`1 workflows, RecordEventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Services\WorkflowService\WorkflowService.cs:line 123
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowServiceApplication.FormService_FormEvent(Object sender, RecordEventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Services\WorkflowService\WorkflowService.cs:line 71
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.RecordService.Submit() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Services\RecordService\RecordService.cs:line 184
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.RecordService.NextPage() in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Services\RecordService\RecordService.cs:line 257
       at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.RenderForm.nextPage(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\RenderForm.ascx.cs:line 204
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

It seems like I have some problem with MySQL but I have no clue.
    Thanks,
    Gal.

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 15, 2010 @ 08:48

Hi Gal,

What version of mysql are you running? WIll try to reproduce the error once I know the version number.

Nov 15, 2010 @ 09:30
    Gal Nitzan

Hey Tim,

Thank you for your reply. It is ver 5.1

Regards,

Gal

Nov 17, 2010 @ 08:03
    Gal Nitzan

Hello Tim,

Any news?

Gal.

• pjbtwo 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 09:21
    pjbtwo

Hello Tim and Gal.

I'm having the exact same problem. Did you come up with a solution?

Best
    Örjan

Dec 14, 2010 @ 09:43
    Gal Nitzan

After so many emails to support,to niels and the forum I was simply put: forgotten.

It seems like Umbraco will gladley take your money but when it needs to support you, NADA. They will not even answer mails.

After not receiving any response I moved from MySQL to MSSQL which was very painfull but now it works fine.

Sorry I can not give you more info on that.

Gal

• pjbtwo 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 09:54
    pjbtwo

I'm sorry to hear that Gal and that's really bad.

Umbraco can really frustrate one from time to time. Hard to find information and the site is full of dead links leading nowhere, outdated info and so on.
    That's why I'm moving torwards using WordPress for my customers instead of Umbraco.

Switching to MSSQL is not an option for me so that means I'm kind of stuck then.

Guess one option is to download source and fix it myself...

//Örjan

• Michael Falch Madsen 70 posts 92 karma points
    Jan 13, 2011 @ 20:47
    Michael Falch Madsen

Same problem here.

MySQL version: 5.1.39

• Michael Falch Madsen 70 posts 92 karma points
    Jan 16, 2011 @ 21:13
    Michael Falch Madsen

I made a temporary hack until contour is updatet.

In the mysql table UFRECORDS change settings for the row UPDATED from:

NULL=Yes To NULL=No

Default value: CURRENT_TIMESTAMP to : 2011-01-16 20:42:34

Here a screendump from phpmyadmin before and after

Before

After

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft