Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ronald Brown 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 17, 2010 @ 17:25
    Ronald Brown

Contour deleting data type values when more then 2 in 1 form

Hi all,

I posted this in another topic that related but I don't think anyone looked at it (already solved), so I am re-posting as a new topic.  The issue is this: I have a site using 4.5.2 and contour v 1.3.  I create a form that has 2 pre-value sources that come from datatypes I have created.  One of them has 190 entries, another 50.  When I add these dropdownlist items to my form and save, umbraco will delete all the values from one of the two forms (typically, the one I added first).  This is a huge issue for us as the client would like to not have to enter 190 entries every time they create a new form.  I have tested this using only 1 and 2 entries for the datatype pre value and it still deletes the values stored within the datatype.  I also tried the 1.1.4 beta version on the nightly.umbraco site and it does the exact same thing.  Is there any known fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 18, 2010 @ 16:33

Hi Ronald,

Do you need to be able to update the values from within the form designer, of would a read only version of the prevalue source type be ok (then there is no risk of deleting).

Nov 19, 2010 @ 18:43
    Ronald Brown

No, we don't need to be able to update the values from within the form designer.  The goal is to have multiple, re-useable data that can be inserted into different forms at will.   For the time being we are using a database solution however we want the client to eventually be able to create and monitor these datatypes without myself having to give them database access or use the database at all.

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 22, 2010 @ 08:24

Ok, then you could use a read only verison of the prevalue source type

Download the zip here: http://nibble.be/temp/Contour.PrevalueSource.DataTypeReadOnly.dll.zip

And then extract and place the .dll file in your bin directory (you'll then have a new prevalue source type you can choose)

Nov 24, 2010 @ 17:31
    Ronald Brown

Thanks Tim that worked perfectly!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft