Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Duncan Fisher 13 posts 32 karma points
    Nov 24, 2010 @ 17:53
    Duncan Fisher

Problems Installing Contour 1.1.4 On Umbraco 4.5.2

When I run the installer from the "Umbraco Pro" section in the CMS, I get the following error(s): 

• Installed the database
    • Datatype could not be installed +
      System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException() at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.DataType(Guid DataTypeId) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.get_DataType() at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\Installer.ascx.cs:line 48
    • Updated /umbraco/config/create/ui.xml
    • Added dashboard to Contour application
    • web.config could not be updated +
      System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\Installer.ascx.cs:line 181
    • Addded Formpicker macro control
    • Updated english language file with Contour keys
    As far as I know, directory permissions seem ok. I would like to try the manual install now but have no idea where to find Files.zip and the SQL install scripts (mentioned in the install guide) can be found!
    Please help, this is frustrating!
    Duncan.

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 25, 2010 @ 13:14

Hi Duncan,

Do you see the contour section, since it looks like most steps completed, the only thing you should be missing is the form picker datatype (and an update to the web.config but that isn't critical)

• Duncan Fisher 13 posts 32 karma points
    Nov 25, 2010 @ 13:48
    Duncan Fisher

Hi Tim,

Following the above, I can then click on "Open Umbraco Contour" which shows me the options such as "Register Contour", "Create" etc. As you say, there's no form picker datatype. Can you recommend what I should do next to get it working?

Many thanks,

Duncan.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft