Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wesley Herpoelaert 52 posts 123 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 13:39
    Wesley Herpoelaert

Strange postback error with multiple form steps

Hello,

I am using Contour 1.1.4 in Umbraco 4.5.2.

I have a contact form with two form steps. But when I go to the second form step and refresh the page I always get this strange error.

You can test this on this temporary website: http:// radar. instance. be/getting-started.aspx
    It's a clean Umbraco 4.5.2 install with Runway and Contour installed.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to find control id 'ae2c0ae0_27b8_4fd5_8df8_cf8dc5f39858' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of 'mandatory'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to find control id 'ae2c0ae0_27b8_4fd5_8df8_cf8dc5f39858' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of 'mandatory'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to find control id 'ae2c0ae0_27b8_4fd5_8df8_cf8dc5f39858' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of 'mandatory'.]
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.CheckControlValidationProperty(String name, String propertyName) +1755809
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.ControlPropertiesValid() +40
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.Validate() +62
    System.Web.UI.Page.Validate(String validationGroup) +164
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +86
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Kind regards

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 14:19
    Ismail Mayat

Wesley,

i also had this issue when testing css on forms for different steps so i change my css then refresh the and it goes boom! looks like something todo with user control lifecyle?

regards

Ismail

• Wesley Herpoelaert 52 posts 123 karma points
    Dec 02, 2010 @ 09:39
    Wesley Herpoelaert

Hi,

Is this a know bug in Contour 1.1.4?

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 01, 2011 @ 09:53

Must have slipped under the radar, we'll look into this for the next maintenance release

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft