Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ted Jardine 98 posts 120 karma points
    Jan 04, 2011 @ 01:39
    Ted Jardine

<div id="contour" >... therefore invalid for more than one form on a page

Contour puts in an id for the wrapping div:

<div id="contour" >...</div>

Therefore invalid for more than one form on a page. Is there a way to get it to not add this id? Or rather, better yet, make it a class? Can't think of why there's this limitation that was one of the first things that was immediately obvious to me as a problem when I started styling the forms, so I must not be the only one!

Unrelated suggestions (as a client is looking at purchasing):

1. It would be nice to have the forum search filter down to just contour items as no other way to filter just on Contour posts (as far as I can see).
    2. Advanced settings allow for a regex, but it would be awfully nice to instead have an i.e. email/phone datatype so that non-techy users can simply select and use without needing to know anything about regex.
    3. To do with the point above, if there was a phone type, would be nice to use a jquery plugin to auto-format phone numbers. And yes, not so straight forward for phone numbers because of different formats, but a big selling point for one of my clients.
    4. Would be nice to allow a current form to be made into a template directly from the back office instead of export -> upload file to templates directory.

Jan 04, 2011 @ 01:58
    Ted Jardine

Okay, switched id="contour" to class="contour" as per http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/5330-Umbraco-Contour-questions

Have to look up where the <asp:Literal ID="pageCssClass" runat="server" /> is set however, as that would cause problems down the road if the class is defined twice.

• Anders Brohäll 295 posts 561 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 14:53
    Anders Brohäll

Ted, did you find out anything about the <asp:Literal ID="pageCssClass" runat="server" /> ?

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 19, 2013 @ 15:38

in Contour 3 you have full control over the markup so no more server side controls http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Developer/Custom-Markup/

• Anders Brohäll 295 posts 561 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 15:48
    Anders Brohäll

Excellent. 
    Thank you! 

Feb 19, 2013 @ 18:31
    Ted Jardine

So the trick is to figure out what the upgrade cost is. I quickly looked and can't seem to find any information on that, so...

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 19, 2013 @ 18:35

Upgrade is free so if you have a license for v1 it will also work for v3

Feb 19, 2013 @ 18:39
    Ted Jardine

Tim, thanks. I was thinking it might be that way, but couldn't find that stated anywhere. Thanks for the quick reply.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft