Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• robert coyle 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 13:23
    robert coyle

Is this going to be really difficult?

Hi Community,
    I have a long form thats almost complete. However there are a couple of items im stuck on and I now fear thing are about to get very sticky. Heres what I need:

• A newsletter checkbox to be selected by default
    • Two email fields for validation (the second compares itself to the first)
    • The newsletter checkbox only becomes active if an email has been entered before

Im not an ASP.net programmer and dont have visual studio so the documentation isnt helping much (custom fields etc). I would know how to do these things with a normal form and scripting language. Is there anywhere I can just get in at my form code to make changes?

Thanks Community. Rob

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 14:55
    Ismail Mayat

Robert,

You will have to created you own custom field types for contour then you can add those fields to your form. I recently had email validation compare requirement and i did it with a macro that injected the two textboxes and validators in although it would have been better to have done it with a custom field type.  Either way you will need to get your hands dirty with some .net.

Regards

Ismail

• robert coyle 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 18:41
    robert coyle

Hi Ismail,

I found a recent post of yours that where I think you give the code for validation using hte macro/injection technique! Is this what you mean?

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/12731-Default-ValidationGroup-name?p=0#comment48011 ;

Thanks a mill. Rob

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2011 @ 09:04
    Ismail Mayat

Robert,

Yes thats the one it all works but think it would have been better to have created a fieldtype for contour not sure why i didnt do that?

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft