Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos 338 posts 472 karma points
    Jan 07, 2011 @ 17:20
    Carlos

Contour contact form how to

I know that setting up a Contour contact form is supposed to be easy but I am having and issue. 

The default contact form looks like 2 steps are involved on the user's end. 

1. Enter the info in the form.

2. Edit form info. (Why???) I don't wan't this. So I got rid of that step and the form is still asking.

So how do you set up a basic Contour Contact us form so the user just has to enter info and click submit. 

Ideas. I know this is supposed to be easy but I can not quite figure it out.

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 10, 2011 @ 11:28

Hi Carlos,

We'll to setup a contact form you simply need to create a new form with the form designer and once you are satisfied insert this on a page / template

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 10, 2011 @ 12:03
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Also make sure to check out the Contour videos if you have problems figuring it out: http://umbraco.org/help-and-support/video-tutorials/umbraco-pro/contour

• Carlos 338 posts 472 karma points
    Jan 14, 2011 @ 17:28
    Carlos

Yeh. I figured it out now.  I thought I deleted the question but I guess not. 

Thanks for the responses.

• Md Johirul Islam 37 posts 57 karma points
    Oct 13, 2011 @ 13:42
    Md Johirul Islam

Hi I am new in umbraco CMS .net controler. I am just wondering any one cal help me to create a customize Contact form by Web User control. I follow thw whole tutorial. But the problem is when i add valodation contron on my form. Then i found this erroe message...

The ControlToValidate property of 'RequiredFieldValidator1' cannot be blank. and more ......

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="ContactUsForm.ascx.cs" Inherits="ContactUsForm.ContactUsForm" %>

<form action="" method="post" name="contactus">

<table width="672" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td width="292"><input type="text" name="fname" id="fname" value="First Name"/><asp:RequiredFieldValidator 

ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server" 

ErrorMessage="RequiredFieldValidator"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

</td>

<td width="380" rowspan="6" valign="top"><table width="380" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="contact2">

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><textarea name="txtcomments" id="txtcomments" cols="45" rows="5">Enter text...</textarea></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="187"><input name="Captcha" type="text" class="captcha" id="sml-input" value="78  BHG" /></td>

<td width="193"><span id="accessiblity">Ut et metus dapibus dolrutrum vestibulum molestie id ligula.</span></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><input name="sml-input" type="text" id="sml-input" value="Enter Code" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><a class="button" type="submit" href="#">Send Enquiry</a></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><input name="fname" type="text" id="lname" value="Last Name" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><input name="company" type="text" id="company" value="Company Name" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><input name="emailaddress" type="text" id="emailaddress" value="Email address" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><select name="country" id="country">

<option>Please select your country</option>

</select></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><label>

<input type="checkbox" name="chkmail" id="chkmail" />

I would like to receive relevant insight, news and reports from ICLP</label></td>

</tr>

</table>

</form>

Please give me an idea or anything else. Thank you.......

• Pallav Joshi 3 posts 52 karma points
    Jan 21, 2015 @ 10:11
    Pallav Joshi

Hi Md Johirul Islam

For .Net server side validation you have to assign that to which control this validator will validate.

Correct yourr html like this.

<td width="292"><input type="text" name="fname" id="fname" value="First Name"/><asp:RequiredFieldValidator 

ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server" ControlToValidate="fname"

ErrorMessage="RequiredFieldValidator"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

</td>

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft