Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Jan 07, 2011 @ 17:46
    Jonas Eriksson

Edits in Contour forms?

Is it possible to let members (outside of the admin section that is) be able to edit and delete their previously entered form posts with Contour?

Thanks

Jonas

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Jan 07, 2011 @ 18:07
    Jonas Eriksson

"A prevalue source type can also implement edit capabilities so new items can be added/updated/deleted directly from the form editor" from the developer guide.

In  http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/6180-Edit-data-from-front-end (a year old) Per PJ says "It is currently not possible to fetch contour records from memberKey, will add that to the feature suggestion list, as it's a good idea. If you know the record key however (you could save it on the member) you can retrieve the record and edit it through the api."

I think I just have to dive into it.

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 10, 2011 @ 11:25

Hi Jonas,

You can place the renderform macro in edit mode, if you then supply it a record id you will be able to edit the record.

For deleting you'll need to build something custom (should be super simple).

Cheers,
    Tim

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 12:24
    Laurence Gillian

Can this record Id be provided as a query string? If so, what is the format?

I've tried, ?recordGuid=

• Kim Løwert 130 posts 116 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 21:06
    Kim Løwert

Hi everybody

Thanks for the tip Tim. Is it possible to load a record in a Contour form as Laurence asks from a query string or programmatically load any record into the form being rendered? If so can you provide a code snippet?

I'm trying to use Contour to render forms and capture data etc., but I'm using a data source instead of the built in Contour data storage, so I would like to just inject the data and capture it when it is being submitted. Is that possible?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Kim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft