Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Palm 277 posts 272 karma points
    Jan 11, 2011 @ 13:07
    Christian Palm

Canvas editing throws an exception when a Contour is used.

If the macro "Insert form from Umbraco Contour" is inserted into the Richtext editor then an exception are thrown.

Extender controls may not be registered after PreRender.

[InvalidOperationException: Extender controls may not be registered after PreRender.]
    System.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterExtenderControl(TExtenderControl extenderControl, Control targetControl) +350187
    System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterExtenderControl(TExtenderControl extenderControl, Control targetControl) +69
    System.Web.UI.ExtenderControl.RegisterWithScriptManager() +143
    System.Web.UI.ExtenderControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +19
    AjaxControlToolkit.ExtenderControlBase.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +32

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 13, 2011 @ 16:46

Thanks for reporting this Christian, we'll check the issue

• Bruno 30 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 26, 2011 @ 19:31
    Bruno

I can insert the Contour form into a page but when I preview the page. I get the following error:

Extender controls may not be registered after PreRender.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Extender controls may not be registered after PreRender.]
       System.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterExtenderControl(TExtenderControl extenderControl, Control targetControl) +432707
       System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterExtenderControl(TExtenderControl extenderControl, Control targetControl) +95
       System.Web.UI.ExtenderControl.RegisterWithScriptManager() +176
       AjaxControlToolkit.ExtenderControlBase.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +19
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +103
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
       System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +8901398
       System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +79
       umbraco.presentation.templateControls.ItemRenderer.ParseMacros(Item item) +1044
       umbraco.presentation.LiveEditing.Modules.ItemEditing.LiveEditingItemRenderer.Render(Item item, HtmlTextWriter writer) +48
       umbraco.presentation.templateControls.Item.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +19
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +208
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +8
       System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +208
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +8696253
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +31
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +53
       umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.FormRewriterControlAdapter.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +49
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +8858991
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
       umbraco.presentation.masterpages._default.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +95
       umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +74
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3060

• Bruno 30 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 26, 2011 @ 22:00
    Bruno

Seems like now it is working. Before the contour forms that I created through the datasource did not appear under the contour forms folder and now it does. I don't know if that is related to the issue or not.

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Oct 28, 2011 @ 00:53
    Tom

Hi Tim,

just wondering if you got to the bottom of this?

we're running contour and 4.7:

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Extender controls may not be registered after PreRender.
       at System.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterExtenderControl[TExtenderControl](TExtenderControl extenderControl, Control targetControl)
       at System.Web.UI.ExtenderControl.RegisterWithScriptManager()
       at AjaxControlToolkit.ExtenderControlBase.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
  • Anders Stentebjerg 58 posts 234 karma points
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:32
    Anders Stentebjerg

Hey Tim,

Any update on this one?

I get the same message

Umbraco 4.7.1 / Contour 1.1.10 - maybe update to 1.1.12?

-A-

Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:49

@Anders will check but think the only option will be to disable the form when in Canvas mode

• Anders Stentebjerg 58 posts 234 karma points
    Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:53
    Anders Stentebjerg

Thanks Tim, 

I also get the exception when I do a normal pageload after edit the page. Only thing to do – "touch" web.config!

-A-

Mar 29, 2012 @ 15:09

Sorry to keep you waiting but doing the last bits to get the v5 version out and will look at this early next week if thats ok

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Jul 06, 2012 @ 19:23
    Jon Dunfee

I get the same error (4.7.2) just normal page load after form submission.  If I deactivate the workflow step, it works fine ("Send email" on the "When the form has been Submitted" step).  This renders Contour useless to me now and have some pretty unhappy clients that encounter this issue.

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Jul 06, 2012 @ 19:51
    Jon Dunfee

I stumbled across someone experiencing similar fate (not with Umbraco): http://forums.asp.net/t/1061827.asp Reviewing the post regarding the ScriptManager, I added it to my template and still encountered the same error.  I then wrapped my content region with an UpdatePanel and now it's working! I consider this a workaround and not a fix.

Aug 06, 2012 @ 15:04

Bug with canvas editing and contour macro in rte has been fixed in current WIP version (1.1.13) and will be part of the next maintenance release, sorry for the delay.

Upgrade package is already available: http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/1.1.13%20WIP/

@Jon any chance you can provide me with the templates of your site since I can't reproduce the behaviour you had, thanks

• Michael Chart 15 posts 35 karma points
    Sep 24, 2012 @ 21:41
    Michael Chart

I was having this error as well but it was not happening in canvas mode - I found that it was only happening when I had macro caching enabled on the 'Insert form from Umbraco Contour' macro. As soon as I turned the caching off, this fixed the issue. I am using Umbraco 4.7.2 and Contour 1.1.13.2.

Michael

• Denford 132 posts 323 karma points
    Jan 14, 2013 @ 18:25
    Denford

had the same issue and i can corfim in my case it was when the 'Insert form from Umbraco Contour' macro had caching enabled, turned it off and its working fine now.

Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:00

Ok that macro should never have caching enabled since it doesn't make sense to do that on an input form... 

• Denford 132 posts 323 karma points
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 10:58
    Denford

I now know that lol it did make sense at that time because the think was to set caching on all macros that render stuff thats not likely going to change as often, have taken it off now.

• Kim Bæk Hansen 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 22, 2014 @ 10:23
    Kim Bæk Hansen

gsg

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft