Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fredrik Sewén 39 posts 106 karma points
    Jan 17, 2011 @ 12:24
    Fredrik Sewén

Is it possible to get member information as default text in forms

For a client I have a contour form that only can be accessed by logged in members. Is it possible to get information about that member into the form?

What I'm looking for is

1. When adding a textfield, you have a attribute called "Default Text" - Is it possible to get member email as default?
    2. When adding a textfield, you have a attribute called "Default Text" - Is it possible to get a member property as default? 
    3. When I view the entries for the submitted forms, I can not see the MemberKey in the web UI. If I export the entries I see that the MemberKey is stored correctly, but not listed in the table in web. Can I get that to show up somehow? 
    Thanks
    /Fredrik

• MikeD 92 posts 112 karma points
    Nov 29, 2012 @ 22:01
    MikeD

Wow, REALLY long time with no response...

I also would like to know how to do somethign similar.  I am creating a form that members can use to update their info.  Client does NOT want them to interact directly, they want to manage the data in another system and import into Umbraco on a regular basis.  When a member logs and and wants to edit his "profile", I want to prepopulate all the fields with what is currenty in their profile.  They can then modify and submit the form which will be emailed to a staff member.

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 30, 2012 @ 09:45

Hey Mike,

Check out contour member tools http://www.nibble.be/?p=107

• MikeD 92 posts 112 karma points
    Nov 30, 2012 @ 15:42
    MikeD

Thanks Tim, this is some cool stuff.  Is there a way to prepopulate the fields with current data?  On this particular site, people will not be creating profiles.  My client will be exporting data from their member database and uploading it to the site on a regular basis.  When a member logs into the website, client wants member to be able to update the info and send an email to staff so they can update their internal database.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft