Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren Reinke 158 posts 206 karma points c-trib
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 10:56
    Søren Reinke

Linefeed in ToolTip

I am working on a contour form, where i need to get linefeed into the ToolTip's

How do i do that?

I have tried: \n, <br />, and alt+13 alt+10 no luck

Is it possible to have a stylesheet specificly for each form ?

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 21, 2011 @ 15:06

Hmm don't think that's possible (the linefeed)

Stylesheet is possible, by default Contour will append a stylesheet but if you disable that ... (can be done on the form settings)

• Søren Reinke 158 posts 206 karma points c-trib
    Jan 21, 2011 @ 15:08
    Søren Reinke

Thanks again, i was afraid that would be the answer.

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Jan 21, 2011 @ 18:27
    Laurence Gillian

I'm not sure if this is a known bug, but I've found that if this field contains to many characters that it crashes Contour.

I will check Codeplex, and then recreate this issue. Lau

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Mar 23, 2013 @ 20:15
    Eric Schrepel

Relatedly, I can't get tooltips to display at all. Using Umbraco 6 and Contour 3, I create a new form, add a field or two with tooltips, save it, view with either the previewer or add to a template or content item.

No tooltip. Can view source, the tooltip stuff isn't there anywhere.

Thoughts?

(Also, have to say I agree with other threads related to the lack of Contour help/documentation. This is the 2nd product we've purchased (Courier being the other) where the documentation was so sparse (especially for a paid product) that we finally gave up on Courier, and I'm getting equally frustrated with Contour. No tooltips showing up, the js libraries unobtrusive and validation not getting attached reliably, difficult to style, can't add just some helpful text to the form (labels without related form fields), awkward to access attachments that people upload with their comments, no documentation about how to use outside db source for storing form results, etc.)

I know I'm a relative new user to Umbraco, and have done pretty well grasping the Umbraco model in general, plus love the forum/our.umbraco support, but some of these basic documentation things are really lacking. Hunting through videos (a search function within Umbraco TV would also be nice) doesn't usually yield enough core documentation to understand fully.

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 23:19
    Eric Schrepel

Until tooltips are reliably functioning, and to avoid tooltip character limits as suggested above, I insert my forms into templates, then add this code at the bottom of the template to put title-attribute tooltips in place:

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(".fieldname1 *").attr('title','Tooltip for field 1 (see fieldnames from <div> elements in View Source)');
    $(".fieldname2 *").attr('title','Tooltip for field 2');
    $(".fieldname3 *").attr('title','Tooltip for field 3');
    </script>

Probably a clunky workaround but does get them working. Add whatever title-attribute-based jQuery hover-over tooltip plugins if you like for faster response.

• John Graham 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 22, 2013 @ 22:17
    John Graham

I have changed some text in a form but it doesn't show up. I think changing the tooltip is the answer but where do I do that?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft