Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevon K. Hayes 255 posts 281 karma points
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 15:39
    Kevon K. Hayes

Missing Form Entries on Very Long Form

UMB 4.5.2
    CONTOUR 1.1.4.1

It also seems that Contour has a problem with parenthesis.

Jan 31, 2011 @ 19:56
    Kevon K. Hayes

Upgraded to 1.1.5.1 to no avail... this is killing me softly :-(

Jan 31, 2011 @ 20:25
    Kevon K. Hayes

When Exported to XML

<error>
    SELECT  UFrecordsXml.* from UFrecordsXml  where UFrecordsXml.form = '1c637294-c068-451f-a6aa-8fd09ef356b5' and UFrecordsXml.created &gt; @created order by UFrecordsXml.created DESC - System.Xml.XmlException: Name cannot begin with the '1' character, hexadecimal value 0x31. Line 1, position 9564.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseQName(Boolean isQName, Int32 startOffset, Int32&amp; colonPos)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
       at umbraco.xmlHelper.ImportXmlNodeFromText(String text, XmlDocument&amp; xmlDoc)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.RecordsViewer.XmlRecordReader(String sql, Form form, DateTime sinceDate, XmlDocument xd) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\278191fcc80f7b16\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Data\RecordStorage\RecordsViewer.cs:line 184
    </error>

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 01, 2011 @ 09:35

Hi Kevon,

Do you have a field that has the caption 1 ?

Feb 01, 2011 @ 09:36

Would it be possible to export the form and provide me with the file that way I can try to reproduce your error and provide you with a fix/solution

Thanks,
    Tim

Feb 01, 2011 @ 10:58
    Kevon K. Hayes

Thanks for the reply Tim,

I'm not sure what you mean by "caption 1".  I exported the form and zipped it up, you should be able to find it here: http://www.rockfordil.gov/media/employment application.zip

Thanks again, and if you need my DB just say the word.

Feb 01, 2011 @ 18:50

Ok thanks for the file, I'll try to reproduce the error and get back with more info

• David 26 posts 50 karma points
    Dec 15, 2011 @ 15:50
    David

Hi Tim,

I have the exact same problem described above.

Please can ou help me out with Umbraco PRO urgently as I hav a client that needs the export for a show.

I've had a look at the DB rows and the setup of the form but I am unsure whether the reported error is due to the submitted data itself of the form (I think it is the latter as I belive the client was able to get some initial entries although I am not 100% on this).

The details of my error is included below.

Kind regards,
    David

<error>SELECT  UFrecordsXml.* from UFrecordsXml  where UFrecordsXml.form = 'd58d3626-8d59-43d9-9d40-873adf38639a' and UFrecordsXml.created &gt; @created order by UFrecordsXml.created DESC - System.Xml.XmlException: Name cannot begin with the '9' character, hexadecimal value 0x39. Line 1, position 4571.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res, String[] args)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseQName(Boolean isQName, Int32 startOffset, Int32&amp; colonPos)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)

at umbraco.xmlHelper.ImportXmlNodeFromText(String text, XmlDocument&amp; xmlDoc)

at Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.RecordsViewer.XmlRecordReader(String sql, Form form, DateTime sinceDate, XmlDocument xd) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\39da791f9304089a\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Data\RecordStorage\RecordsViewer.cs:line 179</error>

Dec 15, 2011 @ 15:59
    Kevon K. Hayes

Tim,

It's only been a year... just take another year to figure it out why don't you... I mean Contour is only a supported paid-for product, and how dare we attempt to use it for it's intended use.

;- )

Dec 15, 2011 @ 16:18

Hey Kevon,

Did should have been fixed a couple of versions ago, did you try with the latest version of Contour (being 1.1.11 )? 

If you are still experiencing issues could you log it through your profile (contour support) that way it gets logged in our support system and it will make sure that it gets our attention.

Cheers,
    Tim 

Dec 15, 2011 @ 16:21
    David

Ah okay - thanks Tim,

Can I safely upgrade over the top of the existing installation as the client has about 40 forms already in the system.

Thanks,
    David :)

Dec 15, 2011 @ 16:23
    Kevon K. Hayes

Tim,

Haven't tried new version but I will...  also thanks for being a good sport as I was just razzing you!  Glad to hear this was been addressed.

Dec 15, 2011 @ 16:24

Hey David,

Well with an upgrade the xml has already been generated, and will only help new entries.

If you could send your db to tg at umbraco dot com I can take a look at recreating it (will be tomorrow if that's ok)

Dec 15, 2011 @ 17:51
    David

Hi Tim,

Thank you for coming backt o me again and sorry for the heat you've received from Kevon ;)

I am pretty proficient with SQL and XML and would ask if you are able to point me in the direction of manually identifying the offending data in forms table.  I have had a quick scan myself but without knowing what I'm lookign for (which I suspect may be a missing CDATA) it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

If not, then I can fire ou over the DB, no problem.

oh, also this particular site is only running version Umbraco 4.01 so I may not be able to upgrade to the latest version of Contour.  Can you please advise on compatability in this regard as this small error for a relatively old website may not justify the time/expence to perform a complete upgrade of all components.

Thanks again,
    David :)

Dec 16, 2011 @ 10:11

Hey David well I'll have to investigate it myself a bit so can't really point you in any direction at this point.

Indeed of you are running umbraco 4.0.1 you won't be able to upgrade to Contour 1.1.11 but 1.1.9 should also do the trick and should work with the older umbraco version

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft