Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bruno 30 posts 50 karma points
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 15:18
    Bruno

Create Contour Reports

Ok I'm not sure if this is a novice question but here it goes:

I have created forms in Umbraco, the uses filled them out, they're saved to a database, now the VP wants to log in to umbraco and view reports based on these forms the users filled out. How do I do this?

Does Contour accomodate this?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 16:02
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Not exactly, I mean you can give them access to Contour, but there is no "reporting" as such. But it is possible to download the form entries (there's buttons at the top right of the entries screen) in CSV & Excel format.

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 04, 2011 @ 16:21

Yup exactly, there are no reporting options but simply export the records and use them in your favorite tool

• Bruno 30 posts 50 karma points
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 17:04
    Bruno

Sound like a wonderful opportunity for a commercial Add-on.

For me, exporting to excel in itself isn't a report. But it's a nice feature.

I am thinking of creating a page that queries the database for the form entries and displays whatever calculations/statistics/info the VP might ask for.

This would be nice:

Contour > Data Sources > Create Form or Create Report

There needs to be the ability to query and display along with backend logic.

In my situation if I want to implement Umbraco in my company, I have to convince the higher-up people. They want to see reports, reports, reports.

Thanks.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 17:56
    Tim

The API for contour should let you get to the data you need. I've written some very basic reports using it for some of the sites I work on (things like number of submissions in the last week, submissions grouped by dropdown selection, that kind of thing). You could probably also run most simple reports using the XSLT for the form results as well. The XSLT would probably be a lot quicker than the API for very large datasets though I'd have thought.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft