Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joseph 12 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 08, 2011 @ 23:14
    Joseph

How can I test Contour on my website?

How can I test Contour on my website?

In order to use Contour, I need to register a domain name.

However, when I build sites they typically have a test URL which is where I need to see if Contour works.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 08, 2011 @ 23:16
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You can always test contour, but form entries won't be saved in the trial version.

However, once you buy contour, you will have to set a domain name for your license, you can set a second (development) domain name for that same license and the entries will save just fine for that license.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 09, 2011 @ 00:38
    Tim

I work with a large agency that does a lot of Contour work, and they typically do one of two things:

If they have control over the domain to be able to set up sub-domains, they buy a license for the domain (as it covers sub-domains too), and then set up a dev domain (e.g. dev.mysite.com) and then they can test the Contour stuff in full working mode.

For everything else, they have a domain name that they use for client projects, that they have a license for, and they set up projectname.devdomain.com and use that until they're ready to go live, at which point they swap the license for the one for the "real" domain.

Hope that helps!

:)

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 09, 2011 @ 08:02
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Ah yes Tim, that's a good solution, you just always use the mysite.com domain to develop.

One more addition: if you get a license for mysite.com you also automatically get a license for mysite.com.local (as well as the additional developer domain of your choice).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft