Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eugene 17 posts 38 karma points
    Feb 18, 2011 @ 17:24
    Eugene

Form doesn't allow email addresses with periods?

Hi, I've had a Contour form up and running on my site for at least half a year and just yesterday a prospect told me that the form wouldn't accept their email address ("Email is not valid."), which was essentially [email protected]. The issue seems to be that period before the @ sign. If I enter [email protected], it works.

Has anyone encountered such an issue and how can I resolve it?

Thanks!

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12134 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Feb 25, 2011 @ 11:10
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Eugene,

You probably have a regex defined on the e-mail field in the form that is causing this.

Can you try this one : \w+([-+.']\w+)*@\w+([-.]\w+)*\.\w+([-.]\w+)*

Dave

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Feb 25, 2011 @ 13:05
    Tim

If you used one of the default form templates, they all contain a regex that doesn't work for all email addresses. The one that Dave suggests should be much better. If you want to update the templates to use that one instead by default, go to: /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/templates on your site, and edit the two .ucf files in notepad. You just need to replace the RegEx that's in there for the email fields with the one that Dave's suggested!

Once you've done that, any forms created using the templates will use the better RegEx.

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 25, 2011 @ 15:48

Yup it's the default regex that's causing the issuen thought we changed that but will add it to the todo for the next maintenance release

Cheers,
    Tim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft