Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Scott 21 posts 41 karma points
    Feb 26, 2011 @ 18:27
    Brian Scott

Forms not showing in 4.5.2

I've recently installed Contour within a new 4.5.2 site that I'm developing. Everything was going fine as usual until I noticed that none of the forms that I was adding were appearing within the published pages. The forms are fairly basic, I've tried creating a simple form with a single field and nothing else but nothing appears after I select the form in the umbraco macro form picker.

What is strange is that the forms show up fine in preview mode from within the Contour section. I can also get them to show up and behave fine on the website front end by using the following:

<umbraco:Macro ID="myForm" runat="server" Alias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" FormGuid="<Guid from contour form setting>" />

Can anyone please help me get the Contour macros working when inserting into the rich text areas?

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 28, 2011 @ 09:33

Hi,

And can you insert them on a template?

If you are a user of the type editor you will need to specify wich forms you have access to (from the contour security part of the users section).

Cheers,
    Tim

Feb 28, 2011 @ 14:28
    Brian Scott

Hi Tim,

Yes, by placing the macro code into any of the site templates I am able to get the form displaying absolutely fine.

The only time it won't show is when the form is added as content through the editor and the editor selects the form using the contour macro. When I choose to place a form into a rich text content property the macro to choose the form displays all configured contour forms. However, when I select the form I want and publish the page nothing shows up on the front end.

Cheers,

Brian,

Mar 01, 2011 @ 12:19
    Brian Scott

Hi Tim,

Is there a way I escalate support on this issue? I'm now at a point whereby the site is entirely ready for the client but it cannot be delivered until the Contour functionality is working.

Mar 01, 2011 @ 12:42

@Brian, sure you can submit a contour bug trough your profile on umbraco.com

So when you insert a form in the rte, does nothing come out on the frontend (if you check the sourcecode of that page).

And if you try to insert another macro, does that work?

Mar 01, 2011 @ 12:49
    Brian Scott

Hi Tim,

Exactly, inserting the form in the RTE renders no markup output on the front end. When I update the masterpage template to include the form by it's guid the form outputs exactly as it should. I haven't tried any other macro's yet but I will create a simple macro to output something like a <div> and determine whether that comes out on the front end.

Mar 05, 2011 @ 19:01
    Brian Scott

@Tim, it turns out that no macros are loading in this build of 4.5.2. It just happens that this site only needs a few macros but whenever I add one through the rte it shows

"No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing."

How do I fix this?

Mar 07, 2011 @ 10:04

Might be a bug in that specific release, try upgrading umbraco to a recent release

Cheers,
    Tim

Mar 07, 2011 @ 10:39
    Brian Scott

Hi Tim,

I actually managed to correct the 4.5.2 by taking the source code, debugging it and determining that the call in macro.cs within the umbraco.presentation project was not setting the relevant credentials information on the HttpRequest objects. The call therefore errored and subsequently the macro did not get inserted correctly into the rte.

This then led me to another server post where Stephen identified the same issue 8 months ago in the 4.5.2 which hasn't been addressed.

The solution is to add the following to the HttpRequests before calling the responses;

request.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

This then ensures the correct permissions are added to the request and that the macro is inserted correctly. You need to rebuild the solution from the source code after the amnemdent, take the newly published umbraco.dll and drop it into your existing website bin directory.

Hope this helps.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft