Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dean 55 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 14, 2011 @ 00:32
    Dean

Workflow on form open broken if contains settings

Hello all you brilliant umbraco core people! I understand there is a bug when setting up a workflow to run when the form is opened. It throws an exception if the workflow has settings.

This has put a stop to my project because I really need to run some code at that point, and the code needs to check a setting. The exact issue is referred to in this post http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/13153-Bug-Workflow-with-a-setting-crashes-in-When-the-form-has-been-Opened-state.

Tim Geyssens has said that this will be fixed in the next maintenance release, but his post is 5 months old now. I was wondering what was happening with this fix, or where I'm supposed to go to log a request to have it fixed (sorry if this is the wrong place).

I wouldn't even log a complaint about umbraco itself because you guys are allowing us to use it for free which is amazing. But, my client has paid for contour and I really need this functionality as my workflow is protecting the the form based on the setting.

Thanks

Dean

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 22, 2011 @ 09:26

Hi Dean,

Looks like the bug slipped the radar, will look into it this week and get back to you with more details (and hopefully a fix).

• Dean 55 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 20:49
    Dean

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info. I have worked around it by placing the settings on a rte macro. I had to get the project live.

It would be good to get fixed though for the next client, but just to let you know the urgency has gone for now.

Cheers

Dean

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 23, 2011 @ 09:31

Ok glad you found a workaround, yes we'll definitly look into the error

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft