Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lasse Kofoed 49 posts 177 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 12:01
    Lasse Kofoed

Checkbox and Radiobuttonlist validation

Hi there,  

I'm having a little trouble whit the Checkbox and RadioButtonList field type.  

If I select mandatory on a checkbox or radiobuttonlist, this does not valid even whit something selected.  

The checkbox works when deselecting mandatory, but if a radiobuttonlist has bin selected has mandatory but is now deselected, now if you select something in the list, then do field returns not valid.  

I'm using   

Umbraco v 4.7.0.RC (Assembly version: 1.0.4077.25828)  
    Umbraco Contour 1.1.6 

/Lasse

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 22, 2011 @ 09:22

Hi Lasse I'll try to reproduce the error and get back to you.

• Lasse Kofoed 49 posts 177 karma points
    Mar 29, 2011 @ 11:18
    Lasse Kofoed

Hi Tim,

Any news.

Mar 30, 2011 @ 14:29

Checking issue now

Mar 30, 2011 @ 15:40

Hi Lasse,

I've just tested this and it works fine...

Would it be possible to export your form so I can give it a test? You can mail the export to tg at umbraco dot com

Thanks,
    Tim

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 22:43
    Tom Fulton

I think the issue is probably the same one I found here

Basically the radio/checkbox list validations work, but only on the server side checks.

So, if you have a Textbox and a CheckBoxList both set to mandatory, and leave both empty, the first Validation Summary will only report that the textbox is empty and not validate the CheckBoxList.  After you fill out the textbox and click submit, and it goes to the server side validation, then it will report that the CheckBoxList is empty.

Hope that makes sense, if not let me know and I can explain further.

Would love to see this fixed!

-Tom

• elspiko 133 posts 302 karma points
    Sep 15, 2011 @ 12:41
    elspiko

Has this issue been fixed/does anyone have a work around for it as I'm currently having the same problem

• James Drever 118 posts 149 karma points
    Jul 10, 2012 @ 18:03
    James Drever

I've just bumped into this too!  Really only an annoyance/quirk in the great scheme of things, but would be great if it did eventually get sorted!

• CASTELLI 23 posts 76 karma points
    Nov 08, 2013 @ 09:43
    CASTELLI

Hi,

I have a single radiobuttonlist field in the form set as mandatory with 5 items. On both front end page and the preview page, if no item is selected when I submit, the error message shows as expected. I then select one item and submit again, the error message is still there and the form doesn't submit.

Any idea why? Am I missing something ? I'm using Umbraco v6.1.1 and Contour 3.0.15

Thanks for your help

Note : I've just been upgrading to 3.0.17 and still have the same problem.

Update: upon displaying the page containing the Survey, I select an item and submit. The error message appears and the form doesn't submit (with IE10). With Chrome, the error message doesn't even show up!

Nov 11, 2013 @ 11:35

Make sure you run latest version of Contour there have been some fixes regarding this issue...

Nov 12, 2013 @ 11:10
    CASTELLI

Hi Tim, as I said I've upgraded to 3.0.17 last week and still have the problem.

Please also note that the submit and next buttons work fine when none of the field are set to mandatory.

Nov 15, 2013 @ 09:58
    CASTELLI

Any help appreciated as I am stuck for the time being. Thanks

Nov 15, 2013 @ 11:18

Did you make any changes to the form markup?

Nov 15, 2013 @ 11:19

also make sure to clear the cache after an update since it might be running older js

Nov 15, 2013 @ 14:37
    CASTELLI

Hi Tim, thanks for coming back to me.

I don't know about changes to the form markup, I didn't change the contout form after upgrading. Do I need to do something there ?

I cleared the cache, tried from different browsers and machines without success.

I repubished the entire web site either.

The submit only works when no field is set to mandatory.

Nov 15, 2013 @ 17:40
    CASTELLI

Tim,

I've been fiddling around with the contourform.js without success. I rolled it back to its original version and it is now all working properly. Must have refreshed the whole thing better than clearing the cache.

Thanks for your help and patience.

• Steve Miller 7 posts 29 karma points
    Jun 24, 2014 @ 14:58
    Steve Miller

I am having this exact same problem with version 3.0.21 in Umbraco 7.1.2. I have only had this version so I know it is not an issue with an upgrade.

Is this still an issue or could someone point me in the direction of the code that handles this?

Thank You.

• Steve 472 posts 1216 karma points
    Jul 10, 2014 @ 16:40
    Steve

Haveing the same issue with all mandatory checkboxes or radio button lists. Always comes back as "not valid" on submit. Any fixes yet? I am running Contour 3.0.21

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft