Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eugene 17 posts 38 karma points
    Mar 23, 2011 @ 13:15
    Eugene

Issues Saving, Duplicate Fields, etc.

Hi,

I am having issues saving forms, once I enter new information into the fields. It typically says the form has been saved, although the new text doesn't get saved. It simply reverts back to "click to edit." Also, at times, duplicate fields/boxes are also generated when I "add a field." One more thing - when I go to a textpage in the content section and insert the new macro, the new form doesn't appear, but rather an older version or a different form altogether.

These are just some of the issues I am currently running into with Contour. I already have several exisiting forms that work (the person who developed the site knew what he was doing), so it may be my inexperience.

Based on the posts I've read, it looks like I may need to upgrade my version of Contour. I am unable to find what version I am using, since I can't find the developer tab.

Are these issues due to the version I'm on? If so, how can I upgrade it? Can I do this without being a technical person? :)

Thanks in advance.

Eugene 

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Mar 23, 2011 @ 17:20
    Tim

If you look in /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/umbracoContour.config, there should be a string at the top of the settings file should tell you which version you are running. The duplicate field issue sounds like an issue that I raised a while a go that is fixed in the latest release.

Upgrading is a relatively simple (but slightly technical) process. To upgrade to a newer version, visit this link: http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/ look for the highest version that DOESN'T have WIP next to it (those are versions that are work in progress and might not work). The current version is 1.1.6, as you'll see from the list, click the link, and you'll see a list of files. The upgrade file is: UmbracoContour_1.1.6_update.zip. Once you've got the zip file, unzip it, and upload the files to your website, overwriting the files that are alread there.

WARNING! Take a backup of the four folders on the live site before you do this, in case the upgrade breaks anything. Be sure to test all your forms etc thoroughly once you've done the upgrade to make sure you haven't broken anything. If you have, revert to the backup you took. To be on the safe side, I would normaly test the upgrade on a test copy of the site first, so as not to cause any disruption to the site.

Hope that helps!

:)

• Eugene 17 posts 38 karma points
    Mar 26, 2011 @ 14:39
    Eugene

Thanks, Tim. I'm sure your directions are correct - it's just too technical for me! After dozens of tries, it finally worked.

Thanks, again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft