Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Worrall 57 posts 82 karma points
    May 13, 2011 @ 12:49
    Michael Worrall

Contour licence doesn't seem to work

Ok,

I've just purchased a Contour licence for one of my domains, installed it by placing it in the /bin dir and also tried using the automatic install from within contour.  Neither of the methods seem to work as contour stays in trial mode.

I'm developing locally so i've altered my hosts file and tried using localhost, canterburyfestival.co.uk.local, canterburyfestival.co.uk and also canterburyfestival.local (which I setup as developement domain).  None of these domains seems to work - does anyone have an idea as to why this is the case?

Thanks,

Mike

• Comment author was deleted

May 13, 2011 @ 13:01

Hi Mike,

Could you report this trough the Contour support option (should be available from your profile on umbraco.com).

Cheers,
    Tim

May 13, 2011 @ 14:01
    Michael Worrall

Hi Tim,

I have submitted it through umbraco.com as requested. Any ideas as to when I may get a response?

Thanks,

Michael

May 13, 2011 @ 14:14

Hi Michael,

Thanks, will handle it throught there then, you should get a response within the next hours.

Dec 09, 2011 @ 15:14
    Michael Worrall

Am I dunce or something?

But I only ever seem to be able to get my contour licences working on production servers. For example I want to test contour locally before publishing to our production servers, but no matter what domain I point at 127.0.0.1 I cannot get Umbraco to realise the licence.  I've tried the default Localhost and the development domains that I configured within my licences but no joy... please advise as it's p**sing me off now.

Thanks,

Mike

Dec 12, 2011 @ 11:02

Well that should simply work, could you share some details on your setup?

Dec 12, 2011 @ 11:58
    Michael Worrall

I'm trying to get it working on Win7 IIS 7, currently using Umbraco v4.7.1 (although I've had the same issue with 4.5.2 on a different site).  Do you want any other details?

Thanks,

Mike

Jan 03, 2012 @ 16:15
    Michael Worrall

Any news as to why this isn't working? It's getting very frustrating as I need this working on a local test domain for something I'm currently working on.  I'm finding it difficult to believe that I have something setup incorrectly as this is a very simple concept, please can you let me know what could be wrong.  If you wish I'm happy to send you the licenence file i'm currently using...

Thanks

Jan 04, 2012 @ 09:38

Hi Michael,

Could you try updating the licensing dll with the version found here: http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco.licensing/ + make sure you have a license in your bin directory

Jan 04, 2012 @ 09:39

You could also try with this license: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14228187/umbracoForms.zip (make sure to unzip first) it's a license that should work on localhost

Jan 05, 2012 @ 11:25
    Michael Worrall

Hi Tim,

Thanks for that, I've just tried the new licensing DLL and it works a treat!

Mike

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft