Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 12, 2011 @ 17:20
    Tom Fulton

Issue/Bug: Contour allows multiple submissions in IE

Hi,

It seems that in Firefox, once you click the Submit button, subsequent clicks don't have any effect (great!).

However, in IE you can click the Submit button multiple times, which results in the workflow getting executed each time, and ultimately duplicate records & emails. 

One particular form of ours takes 20-30 seconds to submit (it's a large form), so it seems users are getting impatient and clicking submit many times, resulting in duplicate emails to our clients.

I was able to workaround the issue using Ismail's method of overriding RenderForm.ascx and adding some OnClick code to disable the button properly once submitted (from this thread)

Would be great if this could be fixed/implemented for IE.  As a bonus it would be cool if it could say something like "Processing, please wait.." in place of the Submit button once clicked, to put users at ease on these larger forms.

Thanks,
    Tom

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 15, 2011 @ 12:35
    Tim

I've got a workflow that might help with this: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/attackmonkey-contour-remove-duplicate-entries it looks for duplicate entries on form submissions, and deletes the old ones, leaving only the most recent one. It won't stop the duplicate emails though, but it might be possibleto cancel the extra workflows as well. I can send you the source if you want to try and modify it!

:)

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 15, 2011 @ 13:56
    Tom Fulton

Thanks Tim - the workaround I have in place seems to be working great for now (disabling the Submit button after first click by overriding RenderForm.ascx), but I'll definately keep this in mind.  Was posting this in hopes that a fix might be incorporated in a future version or in case anyone else runs into the issue :)

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 18, 2011 @ 11:01

Thanks for brining this to our attention. Added to our issue tracker and fix will be included in next maintenance release

• Ralf Sohl 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 31, 2012 @ 14:26
    Ralf Sohl

hi tim, any news on this?

• Chris Mahoney 233 posts 445 karma points
    Jun 07, 2013 @ 01:48
    Chris Mahoney

I'm also interested in an update; this issue appears to still exist in 3.0.12.

Jun 07, 2013 @ 10:14

Must have slipped the radar, issue created and assigned to 3.0.13 http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-380

Jun 09, 2013 @ 22:01
    Chris Mahoney

Excellent, thanks :)

Oct 04, 2013 @ 10:09

Fixed in 3.0.17 which is out today :)

Feb 06, 2014 @ 20:32
    Chris Mahoney

Finally upgraded to 3.0.17 (running on 6.1.6) and this fix has not worked for us in IE 9. Is anyone else still having problems? Is there something that I need to configure?

May 02, 2014 @ 03:28
    Chris Mahoney

Sorry about bumping this, but is anyone else still having this issue?

• Martin 44 posts 66 karma points
    Nov 17, 2014 @ 19:31
    Martin

Yes. Still a problem.

Nov 18, 2014 @ 10:07

Will have a look, so it's only IE that is the problem?

Nov 18, 2014 @ 10:13

Just tested with IE11 and it works like expected there, when submitting he form (and it is valid) it will disable the submit button

Is this with an older version of IE?

Nov 18, 2014 @ 20:05
    Chris Mahoney

It doesn't work in IE 9. The original post doesn't mention that, but 9 was the current version when this thread was made :)

Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of a glacially slow IT department and am stuck with 9 for the foreseeable future. I suspect that there are others in the same boat.

Nov 19, 2014 @ 10:19

Ok thanks for the details I'll try to reproduce

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft