Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Clair 36 posts 86 karma points
    Aug 16, 2011 @ 18:15
    Clair

Entries not showing

I'm using Contour 1.1.9 and when I submit my form, nothing shows up in the Entries section. When I click on pretty much any link/button, I get the green 'processing' bar, but nothing ever loads.

Its a pretty basic form. I created two custom prevalue types to populate two dropdown boxes, but nothing real complicated. I dont have any special characters or numbers in the captions.

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 18, 2011 @ 13:00

Hi Clair,

Could you tell me what browser you are using?

Also if you could give the default contact form template a try to see if you have the same result there

Thanks,
    Tim

Aug 18, 2011 @ 14:58
    Clair

I've tried it in Chrome 13, FireFox 6.0, and IE8. Same results in all browsers.

I created a contact form from the template, added it to a page, and submitted. I'm having the same results with the contact form as well, just see the green 'processing' bar.

I was using Contour 1.1.7 I think. I uninstalled that package, and reinstalled 1.1.9 using the package installer. Now that I think about it though, I removed the Umbraco.Forms.References.dll because it was causing problem with the Ajax Control Toolkit. There was a reference conflict or something. Is this causing the issue? If so, is there a workaround?

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 18, 2011 @ 15:14

Well the file you removed is needed and that will have other effects then only the entries viewer not working.

Cheers,
    Tim

Aug 18, 2011 @ 15:33
    Clair

Ok, So I unzipped UmbracoContour_1.1.9_update to the root of my website (thinking that give me everything I needed back) and repaced all the files. Still not showing entries. Am I going to to need to uninstall/reinstall the package through the package manager?

My solution built successfully after I applied the 1.1.9 update, but still no entries.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 18, 2011 @ 15:49
    Tom Fulton

RE: The Ajax Control Toolkit - I had a similar issue the other day where I needed to use an Ajax Control in a usercontrol, but was running into conflicts because of the one included in Contour.  As a workaround I just referenced the toolkit from the Umbraco.Forms.References assembly, like so, and did not copy the AjaxControlToolkit assembly:

<%@ Register Assembly="Umbraco.Forms.References" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" %>
    <ajaxToolkit:UpdatePanelAnimationExtender ID="upae" BehaviorID="animation" runat="server" TargetControlID="upd">

Not sure about your other issue though, perhaps try using Fiddler to see if any errors are returned from the web service.

-Tom

Aug 18, 2011 @ 18:22
    Clair

I uninstalled and reinstalled Contour, got the error about the ajaxToolkit. Followed Tom's advice and referenced umbraco.forms.references (thanks!) and removed the normal ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll, and everthing worked great. So I created a contact form from the template, and I'm still not seeing any entries after I subit the form. same green processing bar. 

Any other ideas?

Aug 18, 2011 @ 18:29
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

You can try using Fiddler or another HTTP monitoring tool while you attempt to load the Entries.  Most likely it's getting an error on /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/webservices/records.aspx - with a tool like Fiddler you can see the Raw data and most likely get an error returned, which might point you in the right direction.

-Tom

Aug 18, 2011 @ 18:49
    Clair

Perfect, I used fiddler, it was the webservice you thought it would be. Turns out I umbraco.MacroEngines.Legacy.dll was causing all the problems. I removed it from the bin and everything works, including entries. (I hope there isn't an impact for me removing it).

Thanks for your help.

Aug 18, 2011 @ 18:50
    Tom Fulton

Awesome!  I imagine you would have seen that error in other places too, like saving or loading XSLT macros.  I believe that file was from a nightly version of Umbraco and should not be included in any of the releases - so you're safe removing it.

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft