Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• fino 14 posts 36 karma points
    Sep 16, 2011 @ 14:07
    fino

Sending mail to user who submitted the form and datepicker questions

Hi
    I've got some questions about Contour (package version 1.1.8 (no licence yet),umbraco 4.7.0 on asp.net 4.0) :

1. I want that the user who submited the form receive an email confirmation but can't make it works.
    I've a field for the email named email.
    In workflows, i've added a workflow for when the form has been Submitted with the following settings :
    - Active : checked
    - Type : send email
    - Email : {email}
    - Subject : test

Does anyone has an idea of what I'm doing wrong ?

2. On the form (created by using the Designer), I've got a DatePicker field.
    Is there a way to restrict months displayed (for example, to start and end the calendar from february 2012 to april 2012) ?
    When selecting a date, the page is doing a postback. Is there a way to avoid this postback ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

fino

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 16, 2011 @ 14:11
    Tom Fulton

Hi fino,

#1 - Did you already configure your email settings in the web.config file?  You'll need to do that for Contour (or any portion of Umbraco) to able to send emails.

#2 - not in the built-in datepicker, however you could create a custom field type to do this.  For a past project I created a datepicker field type based off the jQuery UI datepicker and was able to restrict dates, avoid postbacks, etc pretty easily.  If I get some time I'll see if I can package it up, but it may take some time :)

-Tom

• fino 14 posts 36 karma points
    Sep 16, 2011 @ 15:43
    fino

Hello Tom
    Thanks for you reply.

For the email sending to the user who submitted the form, it's working now.
    Seems that not having a licence was the issue.

For the datapicker, I will take a look at the dev documentation on how to create a custom field type.

Thanks for the help :)

fino

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft