Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David 57 posts 80 karma points
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 15:45
    David

Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode

Using Contour, multi step form.  When clicking through with NEXT and then clicking the PREVIOUS button, this shows up on every text field.   This week I added CMS Import to my installation which updated the umbraco.licensing.dll file.  No idea if that is the root of my problem.  I hadn't noticed this error before, but that's not to say it wasn't there. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 23, 2011 @ 13:13

Try downloading your Contour license again, does that fix it?

Sep 23, 2011 @ 14:53
    David

I replaced it yesterday after talking with Casey and he recreated the license.   I then replaced it again after seeing your comment.  Still no good.  I also, cleared my cache to rule that out.   The Entries for the form I deleted to rule that out.   I'm at a loss why this says Trial Mode.  I really need to get it resolved.  Any other ideas?   The firewall does NAT'ing to translate the external ip assigned to that server, which actually has an internal ip.   Casey said that wouldn't not cause any issues with how the licensing is designed.

Thanks

• Profiterole 232 posts 264 karma points
    Sep 27, 2011 @ 21:13
    Profiterole

I have a similar issue. My forms work, but if too much people(say 50) answer the same form in same time, I'll have 2 or 3 "Empty due to...". So I thought that the server needs to check for the license and if it's too busy, it fails.So maybe it's a similar problem when you click next and previous too fast...

I also have CMS Import, but noticed this problem only since I upgraded from umbraco 4.0 to 4.7.

Hope this will help.

Simon

Sep 27, 2011 @ 21:22
    David

Nope, I don't have nearly that many replies.  Actually about 2-3 total on this one particular form in testing, so its not being hit hard.  

Thx

Sep 28, 2011 @ 14:49
    David

Turns out the license file they generated for me on Contour didn't have the ip address in the file even though it was associated with the license. 

Hope that helps someone else. 

• Martin Lingstuyl 202 posts 379 karma points
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 09:57
    Martin Lingstuyl

I'm experiencing the same (kind of) problem. When reviewing Entries for the website, I see the first few hundred form entries are okay. After that every once in a while a few entries are filled with the 'empty due to umbraco...etc' text.

I tried looking in the license file, but this is not coded text. So can't read it. Plus it's strange it only occurred after a while.

Anyone any ideas?

Martin

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 02, 2013 @ 11:59

Replied in this thread: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/42648-Contour-grievances?p=0#comment154328

Was because page was being requested on a different domain that wasn't part of the license 

• Support @ ContentActive 3 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 29, 2016 @ 17:50
    Support @ ContentActive

If I add the missing domain, will I be able to retrieve the information?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft