Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rajeev 126 posts 154 karma points
    Sep 26, 2011 @ 08:02
    Rajeev

Issues with Multi Step Forms

Hello,

I am facing the following issues with Multi step forms:

-I have a Calendar control in the first step which is mandatory, If I currently select a date and click next, for some reason I then click previous and come back to the page which has the calendar control, I need to click on the calendar control multiple times to select a date. Until a date is selected I am not able to say Next. Is there a way to handle this?

-Display a Calendar inline, I saw the solution as changing the head runat="server" but I have a master page which have macros in content pages which seems failing if I add runat server to the head. Is there a solution for this yet?

-I have a form with a multi step, I am in the second step and I navigated away from the page, to another unrelated page, when I comes back I am send back to the second step, Is there a cancel option for these pages so that everything will be cleared from cache or db and  I will be always send to the first page when I click the link to that page.

- Retrieving values when there are duplicate column names even though they are in different field groups. I have a work hour selection drop downs for all week days(This is in general not related to just multi step).

I listed those as

Sunday - Field Group

Start Hour

End  Hour

Tuesday - Field Group

Start Hour

End Hour

These are stored as Start Hour, Start Hour, End Hour, End Hour in the form display, I am not able to distinguish them forms and not knowing how to retrieve the values. Is there a way to retrieve the same?

Please let me know,

Thanks in advance,

Rajeev

Sep 26, 2011 @ 10:15
    Rajeev

Out of these:

I got a resolution for the following:

-I have a form with a multi step, I am in the second step and I navigated away from the page, to another unrelated page, when I comes back I am send back to the second step, Is there a cancel option for these pages so that everything will be cleared from cache or db and I will be always send to the first page when I click the link to that page.

Resolution: http://www.nibble.be/?p=92

Awaiting response for other issues.

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 26, 2011 @ 10:18

Hi Rajeev

When using the calender control I would recommend adding runat='"server" to your head. If you have macros that are failing you might want to look into replacing them with some inline razor.

If you want to disable the auto resume feature take a look at this: http://www.nibble.be/?p=92

You are correct about the retrieving values, contour assumes that each field will have an unique caption, any way you can change your captions to something unique?

Sep 27, 2011 @ 08:32
    Rajeev

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your answers,

Related to retrieving values, it will be great if there is any additional option in future for storing display values which will be displayed on the forms, even though the column names are unique. This will help in having some thing more meaningful for displaying to the end user. Since Contour allows a user to have column names repeated, if the backend user look into the form entries, he will get confused after seeing the values displayed side by side even though those were added to a different field group as mentioned Weekdays hour listing requirement in my first post.

Thanks,

Rajeev

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft