Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Oct 17, 2011 @ 11:42
    Anthony Candaele

contour file upload as a link in email

Hi, I have created a Contour application form. The applications should fill in the form and upload their curriculum vitae. This form is then send to an email address.

However currently the field for the uploaded file is shown like this in the email:

/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/files/6739a2fd-5a43-48fr-8976-c2e1020fml3b/9a56a998-6408-4a07-890d-9589a51da584/uploaded-document.docx

isn't there a way to show the upload file as a clickable link, so the administrator can just click the link to view the uploaded cv?

thanks for your advice,
    Anthony Candaele
    Belgium

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Oct 17, 2011 @ 11:53
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Anthony,

Am having the same exact issue, where the upload file is only shown as plain text when you look in your entries. There are 2 possibilites you either copy  > paste the url after your domain name or  in your entries click Edit Values  then it shows a link to download the file.

Have a  look at this.

Fuji

• Kalle Ekstrand 181 posts 259 karma points c-trib
    Oct 17, 2011 @ 12:33
    Kalle Ekstrand

I have the same problem. The best way would be if Contour made a correct link to url in the mail.

As for now, this is not a great way for the customer to handle...

//Kalle

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Oct 17, 2011 @ 13:24
    Anthony Candaele

@Kall @Fuji, thanks for your replies. I conclude from this there is no real solution to have uploaded files as clickable links in a mail sent from Contour. I hope this feature will be available in one of the next versions.

greetings,

Anthony

• Gilles Faessler 29 posts 53 karma points
    Oct 17, 2011 @ 14:35
    Gilles Faessler

I agree that it's currently not very convenient for users to grab the file uploaded without a link. I also hope this feature will be available in a near future on Contour.

Gilles

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 20, 2011 @ 09:43

Well if you use the transformed xslt email workflow you should be able to add a little logic that will output it link if it detects a file

Or you can also use the email workflow in the contour contrib project, that will add the files as an attachement

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/contour-contrib

• Ralf Sohl 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 25, 2011 @ 10:15
    Ralf Sohl

hi tim 

i used you link - works great - but do you have a quick fix for handling html "</br>" and "&quot;" in the template too?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft