Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rachael Parker 12 posts 32 karma points
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 12:07
    Rachael Parker

Get current member name in form field

Hi, 

Does anyone know how I can populate a textfield in a contour form with the name of the currently logged in member?

I can get their email into the form using {member.email} as the default value but I can't get them member name (their real name not login name).

I've also tried creating a macro that puts the member name and some other details as variables but I don't know how to get them to display in form fields either

Thanks

Rachael

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 20, 2011 @ 09:39

Looks like it wasn't supported, but if you upgrade to the WIP version you should be able to use .name

You can find the upgrade archive here: http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/1.1.12%20WIP/

• Rachael Parker 12 posts 32 karma points
    Oct 21, 2011 @ 12:39
    Rachael Parker

thanks will give that a try

• León van de Pavert 15 posts 37 karma points
    Dec 29, 2011 @ 18:22
    León van de Pavert

I installed the suggested upgrade and tried {member.name} as a DefaultValue of a hidden field, but instead of the Member's nodeName it still returns the login name.

• CASTELLI 23 posts 76 karma points
    Nov 18, 2013 @ 14:18
    CASTELLI

Hi, I haven't tried the upgrade since the link is broken and I'm using contour v3.17. Still {member.name} doesn't work. I've also tried {member.text} since this is what I use in Razor without more success. Does anyone know ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft