Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Marden 235 posts 338 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 13, 2011 @ 17:27
    Paul Marden

Contour Member Controls not Saving new Member

I've installed Tim's Contour Member Controls and had originally got it up and working, so that when a form was submitted it was creating new members.  Now some weeks later it appears not to be creating members anymore.  There are no errors in the Umbraco back end, event log or in the umbracoLog table.  

The contour workflow process appears to be working fine.  e.g. the form goes into the Submitted queue & my email workflow sends an email.  Then when I approve, it moves to the Approved queue and my second workflow fires sending an email, but there is also an Approved workflow which should create a new member and it's not!  No errors, nothing.

Any ideas of where I can look to debug this?

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 13, 2011 @ 17:41

Did you make any changes to the membertype after it was working?

Dec 13, 2011 @ 17:42
    Paul Marden

nope and I just created a super simple new member type with no generic properties, and a new contour form copying your blog and that doesn't work and doesn't error either

Dec 14, 2011 @ 10:08

Hmm that's strange and nothing was updated , like umb version, contour version ?

Dec 14, 2011 @ 10:15
    Paul Marden

I can't explain what happened but I spent ages trying to debug it last night.  In the end I deleted the create Member workflow, and recreated it and it's working at the moment.  Weird.

Thanks for your help though tim.

P

Dec 14, 2011 @ 16:36

Hmm very strange, maybe a prop on the membertype got removed or renamed causing the workflow to fail that's the only scenario I can think of....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft