Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Stenfors 80 posts 124 karma points
    Jan 03, 2012 @ 10:42
    Christian Stenfors

problems with importing contour xml data into other applications

My situation is this:

I have developed a website for a client, that hold to contour forms. When a form is submitted and approved, the record is posted as an xml file through the workflow steps. So far so good..

Then the client is surpose to import this data into an windows application. And this is where the project is right now; i am working together with the company that created the windows application, on getting the import to work.

They send me an email telling that when they tried importing the xml first they got a "missing or incorrect header.

They corrected this, but then got thise errors insteed:

Unexpected symbol at pos. 49
    Unexpected symbol S at pos. 69

Is it this file (/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/xslt/xml.xslt) that by default creates the xml data?

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 03, 2012 @ 11:17

Hi Christian,

Yup it's that file that is used for the transformation (if you export to xml from the entries viewer), it might be easier to simply export to csv and let them use that instead of the xml...

Jan 03, 2012 @ 11:27
    Christian Stenfors

Hi Tim,

thank you for the reply. Do you have any idea why the xml should not be valid xml?

The problem (for me) with using the csv export function, is that i have several fields with the same name/label, so there would be no way to figure out what data belongs where. The really smart thing about the xml export is that you can se wich page and section an sortorder the data comes from..

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 03, 2012 @ 12:03

Could you share the xml file? You can mail it to tg at umbraco dot com and I'll take a look

Jan 03, 2012 @ 12:19
    Christian Stenfors

thank you for trying to help out :)

i have send you an e-mail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft