Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Jan 18, 2012 @ 02:10
    Lou

Contour File Uploads - How do you manage them, deleting records doesnt delete files?

I've written about this before but didn't get an answer.  If I upload something to Contour, there are two copies of what I uploaded, stored on the server.  If I delete the record these two uploaded files are not deleted.

How can you manage your forms if you delete them and then have to go to the file system, and find the uploads using a GUID and then delete them manually.  This is not a satisfactory way of managing web site, and it is very difficult to explain this to a client.

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 18, 2012 @ 10:43

Hi Lou,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, this is a bug and will be fixed in the next maintenance release

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Jan 19, 2012 @ 00:08
    Lou

Thanks Tim

• Giovanni Sidoel 94 posts 233 karma points
    May 23, 2012 @ 18:43
    Giovanni Sidoel

I also get two copies of the uploaded file. Plus no link to the actual file itself in the entries (I recall this being posted in another thread as well). The two copies are just a waste of space. No link makes it inconvenient.

You know what would be really handy? If you could specify a folder name for the files to be saved to per form, specify a folder name per field (say if you have multiple upload fileds on the form). It would also be nice if you could use the bracket syntax to define such a folder name (for example if you want to relate the folder to a specific member).

So when will the next maintenance release be? 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft