Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian Stenfors 80 posts 124 karma points
    Jan 19, 2012 @ 12:39
    Christian Stenfors

problem with xslt in the save as file workflow

Hi all,

because i am in the middle of a project where my client needs contour-data exported to a windows application, i have started learning to use xslt to transform the outputted contour-xml. (and thank you very much to "O'Reilly" for teaching me that).

Unfortunaly the altered xml could not be used in the application, so i had to try to transform it into csv-data.

With the help of the xslt-file already created by the nice Umbraco folks, i have managed to create an xslt file that gives me the output that i need. And that works great when used from within the contour interface (see the photo)

That is all good for the records allready in the database, but when i try to use the same xslt in the forms workflow, the "save as file" option, it does not work.

Is there something that i am missing?

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 16:57
    Tim

Hi Christian,

Are you getting any errors at all? Have a look at your windows event viewer in the application log, and also in the umbracoLog table in the database. That might help track down the error. Let me know if you find anything!

:)

• Christian Stenfors 80 posts 124 karma points
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 12:14
    Christian Stenfors

Hi Tim,

no, i don't see any errors. I cannot check the event viewer since the website is live on a shared hosting enviroment. And i can't find anything in the umbracoLog either.

The workflow do create a file, but with no content inside, and with the file-extension XML insteed of CSV, which was what i specified in the workflow.

Any help is much appreciated..

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 25, 2012 @ 10:41
    Tim

That's very odd! Its possible that the XSLT transform is failing for some reason. You could try writing a macro with the same code that you can call from a page to test whether it works or not?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft