Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• manwood 87 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 22:43
    manwood

How can I add the data from a submitted contour form directly to the CMS content?

As the question says, once a user has filled in my contour form, I want that data to become a new instance of a content page. I can't see any way to map between contour forms and document types..

help appreciated.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 22:46
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

There is a built-in workflow called "Save as umbraco document" that should do exactly what you want.

On your form, goto workflows, and add a new one of this type.  Then you will be prompted to select your doctype and map the fields over.

-Tom

• manwood 87 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 23:12
    manwood

brilliant thanks.

one other question - is there a way to publish forms that have been submitted at some later date? ie. not immediately on submission

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 25, 2012 @ 00:19
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

I don't think there's an OOTB way to have it publish automatically at a certain date.  But, you could probably use the built in Approval process.  Set your form to not auto-approve submissions, and add your Save as Document workflow on the 'approved' stage.  You need to manually approve the entries but maybe that's what you're looking for?

Other than that I'm sure you could code an automatic solution if that's what you need - if you need advice on that let us know :)

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft