Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• manwood 87 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 12:31
    manwood

Mandatory fields error

I am seeing the following error alot around mandatory fields:

Unable to find control id '8a12b447_7b93_4f0b_9015_c0a4a6520348' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of 'mandatory'.

The problem is usually when refereshing the page, or navigating between form pages.

Any one seen this?

• Gregg Duncan 48 posts 70 karma points
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 22:49
    Gregg Duncan

I'm seeing it now. I'm trying to figure out what's going on. I have one form up and running with out problems. And it has mandatory fields. But I'm having this problem with the second form. If you find a solution please post it. 

• manwood 87 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 23:26
    manwood

I have tried applying the contour upgrade/update/patch which apparently fixes the issue, but i havent tested it yet. 

• Gregg Duncan 48 posts 70 karma points
    Jan 27, 2012 @ 00:18
    Gregg Duncan

[EDIT] I just read your comments. I'm using doc2form not Contour. Could be the same issue though. Contour wouldn't work for us because of our multi-site set up. All of our admins would be able to see and change all of the forms belonging to our other sites.[ END EDIT]

I just found our issue. My designer had created the form with many fields that were all "If yes, when?" and all had the same alias " ifYesWhen". For some reason rather than throwing an error that pointed to the "ifYesWhen" fields it threw the error "Unable to find control id 'xxxxxx' referenced by the 'ControlToValidate' property of Mandatory". 

To find the issue. I opened the doc2form.ascx.cs in Visual Studio (running as administrator), clicked Debug->Attach to process, and attached to all the w3wp.exe's running. Then I updated the web.config file just to cause it to clear the cache. and refreshed my form page. The processing stopped when it hit an error. I didn't write down the error exactly but it said something about duplicate ID's or Fields with the same ID. Something like that. 

Anyway, that fixed my issue. I hope it fixes yours. 

Cheers.

• Martin Lingstuyl 202 posts 379 karma points
    Oct 12, 2012 @ 16:37
    Martin Lingstuyl

@Gregg,

did you find the solution to this problem? I'm having it too.

Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft