Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mysterious 27 posts 47 karma points
    Jan 31, 2012 @ 13:56
    Mysterious

DropDown didn't show the right value when editing

Hello,

few months I was having problem editing previously submitted post by the user, and I solved it using a template with the contour form and prevalue which load the value from the selected record. (if you are interested let me know)

now my problem is that I have a DropDownList in my form that contains a rating values like (Excellent, Good, ...) when the edit form load this DropDownList populated with the prevalue source but it didn't show the current selected value, I made another field of type text and loaded the same value and I get the value with its original value (for example I got #Excellent) which is the value I had in the prevalue source as my website is multi-lingual

I don't know if I made my problem clear!

Any help is appreciated

Feb 02, 2012 @ 12:23
    Mysterious

I am sorry but is the question isn't clear or there are no solution for this problem?

can anyone please help me?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 14:51
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Just tested this out and got the same results.  What's strange is that if you are viewing the record on the Entries viewer and click "Edit values", the previewFormDialog.aspx page pops up and correctly selects the value in the dropdownlist.  But this doesn't seem to be the case on the front end - I just get a blank selected entry in the dropdown.

Not sure why it works there but not in a template - maybe a bug or perhaps we are missing a step.  Maybe Tim will know :)

-Tom

Feb 06, 2012 @ 14:04
    Mysterious

Hello Tom

and thank you for your reply

so is there a way to notify Tim about this issue?

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Dec 30, 2015 @ 14:06
    keilo

I am having similar issue when i try to edit the submitted form.

opening the

/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/previewFormDialog.aspx?recordGuid=xxx

form shows up but the dropdown does not show the selected entry.

Is there a quick fix/hack for this, that one can do in the .JS file?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft