Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Denford 132 posts 323 karma points
    Mar 14, 2012 @ 15:25
    Denford

how do i sort the values in a drop down list

hi guys,

One of our clients wants the dropdown list values sorted alphabetically is there a way of sorting this values. Currently the list just displays the values in the order you type them in, the problem is my client is going to be adding and removing some of the values and wants that list to be always sorted. HELP

THANKS IN ADVANCE

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 15, 2012 @ 16:17

Hey currently it's not possible to sort so they'll have to update the current caption... Are there a lot of values?

Mar 16, 2012 @ 14:17
    Denford

hi tim,

thanks for the reply and unfortunately there is quite a few values currently at least 40 with the list looking to increase

Sep 18, 2012 @ 14:35
    Denford

hi guys, found a solution to this had to use jquery to sort the values so at least the users see them sorted but this only works for the front end which was sort of ok with my client as he was more woried about the front end.

• Corey Sherman 55 posts 127 karma points
    May 21, 2013 @ 14:42
    Corey Sherman

Does anyone know of a better way to do this?  I'm adding some values to a couple of really long dropdowns and was hoping there was an easy way to sort them.  We can go the JQuery route, but I would prefer to maintain the order in Contour.

• Comment author was deleted

May 21, 2013 @ 15:07

Feature has been added since versin 3.0.10 http://www.screenr.com/fN57 so just upgrade to the latest :)

Instructions here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Upgrade

• Corey Sherman 55 posts 127 karma points
    May 21, 2013 @ 15:10
    Corey Sherman

That's exactly what I need, thank you very much!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft