Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Edward Glaister 6 posts 36 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 11:14
    Edward Glaister

Contour Editor Permissions

Hi everyone,

Have a really annoying issue with Contour I am wondering if someone can shed some light on?

"Editor" users cant edit contour forms - only admin users can.

I have tried creating test forms using both the left hand pane and the right hand pane because I seen a post here describing the same issue: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/9422-Editor-permissions-when-creating-forms - but this didnt work!

Any ideas?

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 15, 2012 @ 16:08

By default an editor only has access to the forms he created or an admin gives him access to...

You can fine tune the access in the contour security part of the users section

If an editor should have access to all forms withou an admin setting up the security for existing users you'll have to automate this with some extra code

• Edward Glaister 6 posts 36 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 17:30
    Edward Glaister

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply. This is the problem. If I grant my editor user access to "Contour" in the user manager pane the editor still cannot see the forms?

Try it for yourself - it definatally doesnt work. I think it must be a bug :-S

• Razvan 36 posts 67 karma points
    Sep 05, 2012 @ 17:02
    Razvan

Hi,

I have the same problem. Using umbraco 4.7.0 and Contour v1.1.0. Editors don't have to forms and cannot create new forms.

Razvan

• Razvan 36 posts 67 karma points
    Sep 05, 2012 @ 17:09
    Razvan

I've also tried to upgrade to the latest version, v1.1.13.2 without any luck

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft