Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Grant Thomas 291 posts 324 karma points
    Apr 16, 2012 @ 15:56
    Grant Thomas

Using form fields in 'Send email' workflow?

Out of the box this package has been satisfying so far, but I don't see any easy, built-in way to access the submitted fields of a form from within the Workflow for that form?

What I want to achieve is this: the form is submitted and a Send Email even is fired, which sends the email with something 'generic' in the `Subject`.

Ideally this is to be the name of the root section of the site the user is visiting (each main section will have an instance of the form), which won't strictly be a field in the form but if I can reference a field then I can 'inject' the value to prefix the field.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 16, 2012 @ 16:08
    Tom Fulton

Hi Grant,

You can in fact use values of form fields for workflow settings.  To do so you use something like this {firstname} - basically it's the field's caption in lowercase and no whitespace/special characters.  I think you can also insert page, session, and request values using the same syntax as Advanced Macro Parameter syntax.

Check out the Contour Developer Docs for more info, which is linked at the bottom of the project page.  Search for "bracket syntax"

HTH,
    Tom

Apr 16, 2012 @ 17:09
    Grant Thomas

Excellent, thanks for the information, Tom.

I do intend to look through the docs (maybe not have time this afternoon and I'm not in a position to test this out immediately), could you tell me: if I 'inject' a `input type=hidden` into the form will it be picked up when using {myhiddenfield}?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 16, 2012 @ 17:11
    Tom Fulton

Not sure what you mean by "inject" - using jQuery or something?  Probably not.  But if you add a new field to the form of type "Hidden Field" and give it a default value (you can also use some placeholders there) it will pick that up.

-Tom

Apr 16, 2012 @ 17:16
    Grant Thomas

Ah, Tom... I hadn't even got that far into it (and as implied not really fully working on it at the minute) but with just that amount of information I've been able to see exactly what you mean; this will absolutely do the trick, thank you kindly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft