Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dev 8 posts 28 karma points
    Apr 20, 2012 @ 11:33
    Dev

Umbraco Contour Multi step forms - deciding next step based on user input

I am using UmbracoCMS and Contour_1.1.12. While creating multi step forms, i need to dynamically decide, which form will be visible in the next step, based on certain field values the user has provided in the previous step.

For example in contour multi-step forms, there is a step in which user has to provide input using a checkbox field. After filling the form in this step the user will click the "Next" button to move to the next step. Now i want to either display or skip the next step based on whether the user selected the checkbox or not in the previous step.

Can we extend the contour form control to implement/override the "Next" button functionality in ASP.Net, if contour does not provide this functionality by default.

I have searched for "overriding the contour 'Next' button event in multi-steps forms" but no material is available on the web.

Many thanks.

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 21, 2012 @ 13:46

It should be possible by either a workflow or hooking into the event model, basicly a form holds a reference to the current step if you increment that you'll be able to skip a step depending on a value of a field

Apr 23, 2012 @ 10:01
    Dev

Many thanks for your help. I am currently trying to hook into the event model and will update here if the task is done. Thanks again.

• Kenny Burns 173 posts 305 karma points
    Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:34
    Kenny Burns

Hi Guys,

I was digging around to see if anything like this had been achieved before as I am having the exact dilemma mentioned here. Basically I have a form and depending on a value the user selects I need to send them to a certain step.

It's this or create my own form usercontrols - don't fancy that much!

Any pointers on how to achieve this much appreciated :)

Thanks

May 07, 2012 @ 09:59
    Dev

Hi. hooking into the Contour event model or Workflows didn't work for me. I was able to match the field values but there wasn't any functionality to skip the countour page. Currently i am doing it by adding some inline code in RenderForm.ascx and extending some FieldTypes (Drowndownlist, RadioButton List). I replaced the actual event handler for Next and Previous Click with my own and called the actual method nextPage(sender, e) from inside my handler after making decisions based on my extended controls' value. Its not a very good solution i think, but it works for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft