Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dev 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 09, 2012 @ 16:49
    Dev

Buying umbraco contour along with complete source code

Hi,

If we buy umbraco contour, do we get its complete source code?

I need the source code for RenderForm.ascx.cs  and  EditForm.ascx.cs .... so that i could modify the contour form's layout and FieldSettingTypes such as adding RichTextEditor in a Field's Additional settings and provide multi-line rich-text caption functionality with complete control on its rendering position (not only on left side of the edit control but also at the top of it depending upon our need.)

So kindly let me know that after buying umbraco contour, do we get the complete source code or there would still be some source code not available even after buying contour .... and also, what would be the cost for it along with complete source code.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    May 16, 2012 @ 12:36
    Tim

I don't believe you get the source code to any of the commercial add ons (Contour, Courier, Concierge), just the compiled versions. IIRC Umbraco iteslf is completely open source, while the add ons are released under a commercial licence and as such the source code isn't available outside of the HQ.

Your best bet would be to contact HQ and see if they'd be prepared to licence the source to you, your best bet is to use one of the contact methods on the main site I guess.

• Comment author was deleted

May 16, 2012 @ 14:21

Source code isn't avialable but if you use Contour on v5 of Umbraco you have complete control over the form markup http://www.nibble.be/?p=121

If v5 isn't an option and you need control over the markup on a v4 version you'll need to create a custom usercontrol that will be used to render the form on your frontend. I can provide you the source for the default one as a starting point if you think that is helpfull...

• Dev 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 18, 2012 @ 11:29
    Dev

Hi, many thanks for the replies. That solved my decision making problem about buying the package.

In the mean time I have achieved the custom styling functionality by creating custom usercontrols but I was not certain whether it is the right approach or not. Now, as Tim Geyssens has mentioned this approach to solve the problem for an older umbraco version, I am quite certain of the approach. Many thanks for mentioning this and offering the source code of custom control.

Currently I have created a custom user control that returns Label control along with a Link Button. The label control renders the Rich Text HTML in form which is brought from field’s setting (UFSettings table). Of course the user won’t be writing html in field’s additional settings instead, the user would click the label button “Show RichText Editor” (rendered along with the Label control) and there I have embedded some custom scripts in EditForm.ascx that renders a Javascript RTE control. There, the user creates all the rich text content and clicks the save button and the HTML is saved in field’s settings.

• Sanjay Sharma 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 18, 2012 @ 09:00
    Sanjay Sharma

Hi Tim,

I have a similar issue.
    We are using Contour with Umbraco 4 and would like to build a custom Usercontrol to replace "RenderForm.ascx".

Is there a way I can get hold of the code behind for "RenderForm.ascx"? 
    Will be quite helpful for the build.

Many thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft