Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• islam 20 posts 40 karma points
    May 10, 2012 @ 12:06
    islam

Problem installing Contour 2.0.0 on Umbraco v 5.1

Hi there!

I have tried to install Contour 2.0.0 package both through Umbraco interface and manually. 

Results:

• Folder and files are successfully created at the right place according to installation guide App_Plugins\Packages\Contour
    • Tables are created in the database.

Problem:

• Form section does not appear!

Thanks in advance!

• Grant Thomas 291 posts 324 karma points
    May 10, 2012 @ 13:51
    Grant Thomas

Do you mean the Contour section doesn't appear in the "Sections" panel? Can you access it using the URL directly, something like this:

yourdomain/umbraco/#contour

Even if this does load the correct parts, it's hardly a solution, but might suffice for the time being until you get proper help.

• Joel Pittet 1 post 21 karma points
    May 10, 2012 @ 20:30
    Joel Pittet

I found something similar as well.  I uploaded Contour 2 as a local package and it said "sucessful" but didn't show up as a local package through the UI.  I tried a few different things with no success.  Then I droped the nuget package into the App_data/Umbraco/LocalPackages   and it showed correctly in the interface.  So even though it said everything was successful it didn't actually upload it.  

From there I was able to enable it and it moved and unpacked it App_Plugins/Packages/Contour  and Contour showed in the Sections.

• Comment author was deleted

May 16, 2012 @ 14:31

Yes if there was an issue during installation you can always do a manual install, details on that can be found in the manual installation guide

bottom of the page, documentation tab http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour (installation guide for umbraco 5)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft