Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mmmoustache 50 posts 79 karma points
    May 22, 2012 @ 17:58
    mmmoustache

Is it possible to create paging/navigation for a multi-step form?

Hi Everyone,

I'm just trying out Contour on a trial basis and it would be really useful to show some sort of paging or navigation for people using a multi-step form. I've created quite a long multi-step form, so it would be useful to see what step I'm on as I'm filling it in (i.e. Step 1 of 8). Additionally, is it possible to have a navigation at the bottom of the form where you can jump to different steps in the form (say 8 dots, exactly the same as a slider navigation)? I can imagine I might be double checking the first step I filled in, and would have to click next several times to get to the send button!

Kind Regards,
    mmmoustache

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 23, 2012 @ 11:56
    Ismail Mayat

I have done something similar ages ago http://www.world-of-incentives.com/request-for-proposal.aspx I had to create new form usercontrol and and hack some code. So out of box no but there is a way round.

Regards

Ismail

• mmmoustache 50 posts 79 karma points
    May 24, 2012 @ 17:16
    mmmoustache

Hi Ismail,

Thanks for the suggestion, I ended up just using a quick fix with jQuery to cater for my current dev level, but I don't doubt that your solution will be useful to someone else! 

For anyone interested in what I did - I used append to add a number outside the form based on the css class (that contour generates) for each step. It only worked as a solution for me as it's a single instance though; a simple and tacky solution but it works.

Kind Regards,
    mmmoustache 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft