Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Boen 40 posts 64 karma points
    May 28, 2012 @ 21:44
    Eric Boen

How to include DocType properies in Contour email

I'm building a event registration form in Umbraco/Contour.  When a visitor selects "Sign Up" from a list of events they are taken to a page that contains the form.  I'd like to embed information (properties) from the doctype for the Event into the body of the Contour email.  What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks

Eric

• JohnC 37 posts 61 karma points
    May 29, 2012 @ 15:45
    JohnC

Do you mean  HiddenField and in the Default Value  [#propertyAlias] or do you mean something from the query string which i think you access with @key or something along those lines?

May 29, 2012 @ 17:01
    Eric Boen

Hi John,

I need to include the "Event Description", "Event Start Time", "Event Location" from the DocumentType "Event" in the body of the email. I wasn't planning on passing all this data to the page via querystring.  

Eric

May 29, 2012 @ 17:02
    JohnC

Couldn't you just pass the event nodeid then use xslt to access the data?

May 29, 2012 @ 17:17
    Eric Boen

You mean by using the XSLT transformed email in the workflow?

May 29, 2012 @ 17:21
    JohnC

Yes pretty much, you should be able to do a umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById on the query string parameter and acces the data, FTR i haven't tested this.

May 29, 2012 @ 17:50
    Eric Boen

There we go, I'll do that.  Thanks!

• Brian Milman-Hurst 48 posts 76 karma points
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 17:48
    Brian Milman-Hurst

Hi guys, 

I'm looking to do pretty much the same as Eric is asking for above.  I have a course booking site and I want to include the page title value in the contents of the email sent to the administrator (basically the course title!)

The above sounds perfect, alas I am a total newby to Umbraco and have no idea in the implementation of the above.  

Any chance of a 'dummies guide' for the above!?

BTW, I'm a front end designer so please don't assume I know any of the code elements... I have tinkered with XSLT's but only tweaked what other people have done previously.

Cheers,

Bri

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft