Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Marden 235 posts 338 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jul 18, 2012 @ 16:21
    Paul Marden

Problem deleting forms in Contour 1.1.12

We've just upgraded an Umbraco instance from 4.7.0 to 4.7.2 and in the process have done a manual upgrade of Contour from 1.1.9 to 1.1.12.

We've hit a problem that we can't delete forms from Contour.  We get the following error pop up in the speech buble after OKing the delete....

• Error handling action
    • Object reference not set to an instance of an object

If you look inside firebug you get the following 

/umbraco/webservices/legacyajaxcalls.asmx/Delete

{"Message":"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.","StackTrace":"   at umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Delete(String NodeType, Int32 NodeId, String Text)\r\n   at umbraco.presentation.webservices.legacyAjaxCalls.Delete(String nodeId, String alias, String nodeType)","ExceptionType":"System.NullReferenceException"}

I was able to delete forms on the old instance with 4.7.0 and 1.1.9 and it worked fine.  

Jul 18, 2012 @ 16:45
    Paul Marden

I think this isn't a Contour problem but a problem with the our Umbraco instance in general as we also can't delete templates

• Jacob Polden 67 posts 177 karma points
    Jul 19, 2012 @ 17:38
    Jacob Polden

It turns out this wasn't a problem with the templates or the instance at all. We are still struggling to modify contour forms in anyway. We cannot create, delete or save any changes.

We got a new error when we tried to create a form which is below. I have looked at the UI.xml as indicated by the error and I have compared to an instance where contour is working correctly and I can see no differences.

Any help greatly appreacted.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The create dialog for "forms" does not match anything defined in the "~/umbraco/config/create/UI.xml". This could mean an incorrectly installed package or a corrupt UI file

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The create dialog for "forms" does not match anything defined in the "~/umbraco/config/create/UI.xml". This could mean an incorrectly installed package or a corrupt UI file

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: The create dialog for "forms" does not match anything defined in the "~/umbraco/config/create/UI.xml". This could mean an incorrectly installed package or a corrupt UI file]
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Create.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +750
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Jul 25, 2012 @ 16:14
    Paul Marden

Yeah... well as errors go that was a pretty good one, as it was being caused by /umbraco/config/create/UI.xml

• Rasmus Thyssen 14 posts 63 karma points
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 09:30
    Rasmus Thyssen

Hi Paul

I have the same error with my Contour - What did you do to fix it? :)

Best regards Rasmus

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 09:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rasmus

You might need to look in the /config/trees.config and see if everything is allright in there - It can cause this issue I think. Also of course make sure that your ui.xml is not corrupted.

/Jan

• Rasmus Thyssen 14 posts 63 karma points
    Nov 13, 2014 @ 10:16
    Rasmus Thyssen

I found a old website where Contour was working - made a copy of trees.config and ui.xml

Inserted the copy into the website where the delete error was, and now its working.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 14, 2014 @ 07:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rasmus

Very happy to hear that.

Happy contouring ;-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft